Trouble codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

'Fraid Knot

Reaction score
I have a 02 disco II w/70k, check engine light came on and I pulled these codes.
1: P1481 heater power stage drive cycle A:signal missing
2: P1412 secondary air system fault bank 1 drive cycle D:signal implausible
3: P1415 secondary air system fault bank 2 drive cycle D:signal implausible

I just replaced the purge valve canister a week ago. Replaced the spark plugs while I was at it. The only mods are a K&N filter and a safari snorkel. I found a possibilty for 2&3, I may have disturbed a vacume line when I changed the purge valve. But I still can't find these codes listed anywhere. Any ideas? Thanks

'Fraid Knot

Reaction score
Wow no response, not even telling me I'm an idiot. I've checked the vacume lines and they seem fine. Cant find anything I may have messed up. Don't wanna have to go to the dealer but its looking that way :frown: Ahh well.....

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
really sorry, I have been rather busy... I will try to find out something for you tomorrow, need to do some research on this, since I don't recall hearing about this one.

'Fraid Knot

Reaction score
No problem. Started running funny today, so wife is at dealer as I type. So far from what shes called and told me there is something that pressurizes the purge valve system and that may be whats wrong so they are testing that. Sounds $$$$ to me, about to search for that unnamed part. Post more when I know it.

'Fraid Knot

Reaction score
The wife called and dealership is not sure yet :stupid: So they are giving her a loaner, a ford escape. I think she offended them........... All I wanted was a diagnostic. This is gonna be expensive :hmpf:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Found out it is probably the valve the controls both of the secondary air valves... it is right about the purge valve.

'Fraid Knot

Reaction score
Ok according to the dealer, the problem is the DMTL pump also known as the evap pump. Anybody wanna back them up on that? Sound possible? I know nothing about emission systems. Its a $300+/- part, depending on where you look.

I'm gonna take the hit and let the dealer fix it. :argh:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
That is about right, and the part that I was thinking about. None of the secondary air parts are cheap...

'Fraid Knot

Reaction score
Thanks for your help and time Joey. Wife picked it up from dealer this afternoon, said its running like a top again. They even detailed it. Thanks again :hello:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Wish I could have helped more, but there are some things I have not seen or heard about. Secondary air is normally a Cali thing, but they do get out of lock down and end up all over..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72