Rain Sensor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Anybody knows how to disable the rain sensor..this thing is just driving me nuts!:mad:

trm2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you mean completely turn off the wipers, put the wiper stick in the bottom position. You know you are at the bottom when one more push down manually sends the wipers across once. That way, if you get a few drops of rain on the windshield, you can occasionally manually clear the screen--this is helpful when driving really slowly. If you mean have the wipers go slowly, but not based on a rain sensor, put the stick two notches above the bottom position. I usually leave the stick in the position between those two--the rain sensing position--and i adjust the knob on the stick to change the time delay. Seems to work fine, except when driving really slowly.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't... (well, when it doesn't rain you can flip the stalk down to the last click to turn off the wipers and sensor entirely, so they don't activate accidentally when a bug splatters on your windshield.) The manual says you can change the rain sensor's sensitivity by turning the adjustment knob on the stalk clockwise or counter-clockwise, although all that seems to do is changing the wiping frequency of the rear window wiper on my RRS. I find the sensitivity of the sensor to be OK, honestly.

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is it, the turning the knob does not do its trick the wipers still fly as often as they want no matter what the knob is dialed for...it is annoying..

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The turning on the stalk controls the frequency of my rear wiper.

drewman75

Reaction score
I'm with you on that. I love my Rover, but that is the one thing I find terribly annoying on mine. Adjusting the sensitivity just seems to do nothing. And it is just way too often even when it is simply drizzling. So I find myself manually doing it, which is almost as annoying. Ha! I thought maybe it was just mine. But at least now I know it isn't.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Least favorite option on the vehicle. It would be so much better if you could adjust the intermittency.

flysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow, I am not alone.

I have auto rain sensor as well and the stalk control does not change "sensitivity" of front wiper but rather it changes frequency of rear wiper.

I wish there is a way to turn off auto rain sensor and that stalk control just changes frequency of front wipers.

One time, I accidentally left auto rain sensor on (it stopped snowing while I was driving and I forgot to turn it off) and over night it snowed and frozen on window. Next morning when I start the car, wiper "tried" to start and broke (loosen) one wiper arm. My fault but still annoying :(

photodisco

Reaction score
Annoying is all i can say...

i wish they would have used the "older" intermittent feature from my DII...just set the frequency

jak167

Reaction score
I agree, it's the most annoying feature, seems no matter what I set the intermittant setting on the stalk, the wipers still go way too often.

The manual says the interval can be adjusted by the dealer. Has anyone had an adjustment made, or know how to do it without going back to the dealer?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV