Coolant Level Sensor - Replacing this weekend.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

voltaire1102

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been getting the low coolant message for awhile. Dealership mechanic advised me to find the coolant sensor online and replace it myself since it was an easy fix. Flash forward to yesterday, found the sensor online and on sale and I should have it by Saturday so it looks like a weekend project for me.

Anybody ever done this fix before? If so, got any tips or suggestions for me?

rchase

Reaction score
if you end up doing this you should take pics and such...

voltaire1102

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like replacing the sensor did not remove the Low Coolant message. And yes, I do have the proper coolant level in the truck. Now to try to figure out if I had a bad sensor sent to me or if I have another issue... the fun begins,

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not totally familiar with the coolant sensor but, is it possible to Ohm out the sensor? Open/Closed? Check both the new and old sensor. Also, simply jump out the harness. Create a closed circuit. If it does not check out OK, I'd then look at the harness. Look for a chaffed wire that's breaking the circuit and causing your Low Coolant Message. Another option would be to check for 12V on the chassis side of the harness. If you're not getting power there you've got a bad wire, maybe a fuse? Who knows, but check the simple stuff first. If you've got a question on checking out the electrical system send me a PM and I can help walk you through it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA