LR4 Parking Sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brandon

Reaction score
I just got my 2010 LR4 home and found that none of the parking sensors are working. I checked each one for the clicking sound with no response. I get the sensor fault "beep" with the flashing light when I put it in reverse. It's still under warranty but the closest dealer is 80 miles away so I thought if there's a fuse or other quick check, I'd try that first. Any ideas???

brandon

Reaction score
update

The parking lines in for the reverse camera are also not displaying. I don't even have a "camera" icon on the home screen. Not sure if these two issues could be related???

brandon

Reaction score
Update:
Just got my LR4 back from the dealer. The backup camera had an internal fault and needs to be replaced. The two front parking sensors were removed when the previous owner had a winch installed which made the rear sensors inactive as well. The shop will need to reprogram the sensors to only look for the rear sensors which unfortunately isn't covered by the warranty.

Does anyone know if this reprogramming can be done outside the dealership?

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Programming could be done by somebody with a faultmate. But I would have your dealer do the job. Shouldn't cost more than 30 mins of labor time.

stmcknig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Programming could be done by somebody with a faultmate. But I would have your dealer do the job. Shouldn't cost more than 30 mins of labor time.

Shouldn't but I usually find my dealer has a minimum one hour charge. They claim its because their laptops boot up so slowly to connect to the Rover ;-)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA