LR3 <> LR4 mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trackstar

Reaction score
Thinking about push bar and sidesteps/sliders (probably wrong terms) for our Lr3. If we upgrade to Lr4 in the future, can I switch the mods over to the new truck? (same wheelbase, mounting points etc etc)?

I might as well ask the reverse too: I'd love to put an Lr4 steering wheel in my 3. And maybe the door pulls and radio/hvac . Maybe I'm getting crazy here.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything can be done with lots of money. I don't think you'll get the A-Frame to work on an lr4 as it is contoured to the lr3 bumper....

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some accessories will fit both, others will not. For example, I have the trailer hitch, bike rack, and roof crossbars which are 'transferabe", and the A-Frame and rubber floor mats which are not.

Someone on the Disco3 site did fit an LR4 steering wheel on an LR3, which required custom changes to the wiring connections. Forget about trying the infotainment system. Just guessing here, but probably major differences in the bus and in the software.

I've also seen pictures of an LR4 front-end (grille, lights, bumper, side panels fitted to an LR3.

Like Ryan said, some of these are 'doable' with enough money and expertise, just not woth the expense.

Last edited:

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And here is the LR4 front end transplated onto an LR3:

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic49321.html?highlight=+wheel++conversion

joined.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members