Hood Latch Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AWSLR3

Reaction score
Greetings:

I have a 2006 LR3. I have unplugged the hood latch sensor and would like to know how to remove the sensor to replace. I was getting message - 'Bonnet open' & alarm was randomly going off when car was locked.

I saw on this forum what the problem was and how to temporarily bypass, but not how to remove to clean or replace the sensor.

Thanks a bunch...

AWS

LandRvrTech

Reaction score
There are 2 small tabs on each side of the sensor. They are accessible by removing the front grille. Push down on the 4 locking tabs at the top. Then there are 2 more tabs to pull up on on either side of the grille, in the middle. Pull these up and pull the grille out towards you in one motion. Finally, release the 2 tabs at each end of the hood switch using a screwdriver and push down. Should come right out.

AWSLR3

Reaction score
There are 2 small tabs on each side of the sensor. They are accessible by removing the front grille. Push down on the 4 locking tabs at the top. Then there are 2 more tabs to pull up on on either side of the grille, in the middle. Pull these up and pull the grille out towards you in one motion. Finally, release the 2 tabs at each end of the hood switch using a screwdriver and push down. Should come right out.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help with that.

AWS

vinnysca

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I too had the same problem with my alarm going off randomly. Found out that it was the hood/bonnet sensor. Thanks to your instructions on how to remove it, I took the sensor off and found that the metal strip that puts tension on the switch had been too "depressed", thus making the switch trip inadvertently. After stretching the metal ring, the problem went away!

Thanks guys!

Vinny

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okamgba1463