Service Reminder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR3_fan

Reaction score
Hi,
I am getting a service reminder on the dash while I am turning-on the engine. It seems to be counting down the days to the next "recommended" service visit. Does anyone know how to reset it? How do I know what service needs to be done, I only have 77k KM.
Thanks for your help

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll need the dealer or someone with a reset tool to get rid of it. From what I understand it is basically an oil change reminder light that is based on time and/or mileage. Reset tools are about $100 if you are a DIY type.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick note: As specified in that bulletin's header, the reset instructions only work on Euro spec models. On NAS 2006-07 LR3s the only way to extinguish the Service Interval Indicator is through IDS (diagnostics software) or an aftermarket reset tool. As of MY08 you should be able to reset the SII manually in North America as well. Never could figure why they waited 3 years to give us that option on this side of the pond? :stupid:

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick note: As specified in that bulletin's header, the reset instructions only work on Euro spec models. On NAS 2006-07 LR3s the only way to extinguish the Service Interval Indicator is through IDS (diagnostics software) or an aftermarket reset tool. As of MY08 you should be able to reset the SII manually in North America as well. Never could figure why they waited 3 years to give us that option on this side of the pond? :stupid:

Whoops my bad... forgot the OP was wondering about an 06'

LR3_fan

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, i was wondering about the Left reset key for a minute until I paid more attention to the Euro model applicability. I have a basic OBD-II tool: it reads/resent MIL codes, would that work? Or do I need a seperate IDS?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA