Being in Access Mode for extended periods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mayday247

Reaction score
Are there any issues to be aware of when leaving my 2005 LR3 SE in "Access" mode for extended periods of time? Like overnight or for a couple of weeks when I travel? I've got several inches of clearance (at best) in my parking garage and the low ceiling has lots of pipes and sprinkler heads to make coming and going even sketchier. One of my neighbors has already sheared off a sprinkler head with his truck, so to be safe I lower into Access mode when I park every night. Now I'm wondering if I should raise it back to "Normal" mode before I turn her off since I do this everyday?

I haven't had any problems as of late (knock on wood!), but did have to have my air suspension compressor replaced a couple of years back. Also, it sometimes feels that my car is not completely level...like the front right or left is dipping compared to the rest of the car or the whole front end is nosing down compared to the back? I have no idea how it works so figured I'd ask in case I was doing something stupid that I shouldn't. Also, my warranty is up so I want to make sure that I'm taking care of my LR3 as best as possible.

Thanks in advance for any insight on the matter!

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That should create no issues, other than your compressor having to work a bit harder in the morning to lift you back up to normal height when you leave the garage. Regarding the car not appearing to be completely level, first make sure it is parked on a level surface of course. If it is, and the distance between the edge of the fender and the wheels seems to be different after the car has had a chance to "self level", get your dealer (or an independent shop equipped with the proper diagnostics) to check your suspensions calibration. It may be off and require a software adjustment.

Last edited:

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, remember to use the Access Mode lock feature to ensure the vehicle doesn't "self-level" and raise itself into a pipe or worse.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That shouldn't happen, whether you lock Access Height or not. In my experience, whenever the vehicle self levels while unattended it always lowers the corner(s) that require it to match the remaining ones - thus, the farts - all the way down to the bump stops if there is a leak in the system... :hmpf: It should not adjust "up", only down.

Trynian

Reaction score
Only thing that has happened to mine is I slept in it on a camping trip in acess height with the wheels on slightly uneven terrain. At first start up in the morning a suspension fault popped up and said standard height only available. Turned it off and restarted and it was never to be seen again.

In my garage it has never had any issue for days in access height.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've parked mine in access height many a time to wash it. It doesn't move.

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We park in access height just about every single day (sometimes multiple times - easier to get the kids in & out, nevermind ourselves!), and leave it in access mode at the airport for two weeks at a time several times a year. Have yet to have a single problem...

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm about to purchase a 2006 LR3 Hse and it is stuck in access mode. Can I drive it in access mode or should i have it towed. It's in Elmira ny and i'll need to get it to southern VA.
thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA