Electronic issues 04' Disco 4.6L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverPartsGuy

Reaction score
When it gets cold out, there is a delay with my head lights coming on, and the windshield wipers coming on. Before, with the wipers, it was a couple of seconds till they would start their movement, regardless of the speed i chose.

But now it only works when press down to have it wipe only once.

I noticed it makes a clicking noise when i engage either of the switches are used. Could it simply be a solenoid that needs replacing? I have the workshop manual and will be taking a look through it, but figured it might be a common issue that others have had.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What happens if you try to use the front and or rear washers, will the head lights come on if you hold the turn indicator arm to turn on the bright/high beams?

RoverPartsGuy

Reaction score
the headlights work fine, but there is a delay from when i turn the switch. The colder it is, usually the longer it takes. Both wipers work, but not when i turn the switch to have it continuous. At all three speeds. Everything else works fine.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for the wipers, I have seen this before, quite often the wiper switch is the cause, still thinking on the headlights.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72