Door Locking Issue On Discovery II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New2LandRover

Reaction score
Hi,
Recently bought a '03 discovery II and after a few days realized that there is an issue with the doors locking. The driver's door is the only door that responds to unlocking/locking with the fob and central switch. The others only lock after double locking with the fob, after which you have to pull the latch from inside before they can be opened from the outside. The doors also will not lock when going faster than 4mph while the driver door does.
I can hear the other doors unlock/lock, yet they don't mechanically.
Is it a fuse? Is it an actuator? Is it something else?
Thanks,

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
There are two motors in each lock assy, one of yours in each lock other than drivers door has gone bad, by double locking you are super locking your doors, when this happens if you were to have a dead battery the only way to open your doors will be to break a window. I would advise against super locking the doors.

JUKE179r

Reaction score
There are two motors in each lock assy, one of yours in each lock other than drivers door has gone bad, by double locking you are super locking your doors, when this happens if you were to have a dead battery the only way to open your doors will be to break a window. I would advise against super locking the doors.
I didn't know about the downside to double locking the doors until I read this response.
Cheers Joey!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick