Good value for diagnostics??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djatkinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to get some info on OBD diagnostics. Is there a link on this forum that tells me where to go for a good value? Granted, I won't be doing most of the work that the OBD readers can diagnose, and I don't have a shop or lots of time, but I think it would help me in the 'triage' process.
I got this in an email from British Atlantic:
"LR II Multi-System Diagnostic Tool By iCarsoft For Land Rover"
Any thoughts on the value of this one?

Thanks in advance!:smile:
Dan

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only one I'm familiar with is the IIDTool by GAP Diagnostics. I love it and have never heard anything negative about it on any forum...and tons of people use it.

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the i930 unit...

I wanted to get some info on OBD diagnostics. Is there a link on this forum that tells me where to go for a good value? Granted, I won't be doing most of the work that the OBD readers can diagnose, and I don't have a shop or lots of time, but I think it would help me in the 'triage' process.
I got this in an email from British Atlantic:
"LR II Multi-System Diagnostic Tool By iCarsoft For Land Rover"
Any thoughts on the value of this one?

Thanks in advance!:smile:
Dan

Hey Dan I use the icarsoft Diagnostic tool and its pretty amazing for the cost. This unit is basically made for Jaguars and Landrovers specific. I have 2 Rovers and it works great on both. LR3 and Disco 2. You can't do any programming but it takes the guess work out of diagnosing problems that you might have with your truck. On my Disco 2 it shuts off the abs light, goes through all the ecu's, granted its not a gap diagnostic ob tool but its good enough and helps tremendously pinpointing problems.Recently I got a suspension drop on my LR3 and it turns out my steering calibration was off by 13 degrees. The iCarsoft tool I have (i930 - $139)doesn't re calibrate the steering but I think the little more expensive unit does, (LR II Multi-System Diagnostic $179) in certain Rover trucks. Hope this helps. :)

CATTIVA73

Reaction score
Hey Dan I use the icarsoft Diagnostic tool and its pretty amazing for the cost. This unit is basically made for Jaguars and Landrovers specific. I have 2 Rovers and it works great on both. LR3 and Disco 2. You can't do any programming but it takes the guess work out of diagnosing problems that you might have with your truck. On my Disco 2 it shuts off the abs light, goes through all the ecu's, granted its not a gap diagnostic ob tool but its good enough and helps tremendously pinpointing problems.Recently I got a suspension drop on my LR3 and it turns out my steering calibration was off by 13 degrees. The iCarsoft tool I have (i930 - $139)doesn't re calibrate the steering but I think the little more expensive unit does, (LR II Multi-System Diagnostic $179) in certain Rover trucks. Hope this helps. :)

Hey, thinking about buying one of these tools...is it hard to calibrate steering if needed ? does the more expensive tool tell you what to do ? thanks

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I contacted the Icarsoft people and they said the more expensive one doesn't recalibrate steering. They said they're working on it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi