lr3 ABS pump won't turn off!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jcarne

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 2005 lr3 HSE and last night I got the "Christmas" tree warning lights "dynamic control inactive etc" and the suspension dropped to stops. Just replaced the suspension pump and no blown fuse, no suspension leaks. The abs pump under the hood keeps running and won't shut off, had to pull fuse! Any ideas on this? Is there an abs relay and if so where is it!?!? Thanks

Reaction score
Goodness, how frustrating...

One place to start might be the brake light switch. It's a simple fix and cheap too. Can often bring on the symptomology you described...

Though I've never heard of the ABS pump going crazy. When you say ABS pump, to what are you referring?

Have you pulled fault codes with an OBDII reader? You can have codes read at your nearest auto parts store.

Jcarne

Reaction score
I have a code reader but not getting any codes. Also, when referring to "abs" system I am referring to anti lock brake pump....it won't turn off and had to pull fuse so battery won't die. Looked at the brake switch and arms fine....seems like a relay is stuck but can't find a relay so likely integrated into the abs pump. No solution yet

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can look at the brake switch and ascertain its health status without opening it up and looking for black scoring. It's a $15 and worth it just to swap it.

EricRShelton

Reaction score
I'm having this problem now, too. I've got genuine bulbs and brake light switches. I think Jcarne is right and it's a stuck relay. What fuse did you pull? Did you ever find a fix?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA