Couple D1 issues (igntion, keys, etc)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deeb

Reaction score
hey all,
the vehicle in question is a 97 discovery with around 130k
i recently had a key broken off in the ignition. i was able to retrieve the key fragment..however i broke the plastic switch which is located at the end of ignition (the piece that connects the fusebox under steering wheel to ignition barrel)
1) can i get just that wire harness? what is it called?
2) the key that was broken off in the ignition was the key for my doors (long story, this is my second ignition barrel) long story short i am now without a key for my doors. what are my options? replacement from LR? can replacements be cut? can i find an aftermarket keyless entry fob (that would be the best solution)?

thanks in advance for your help,
for the record, i spent a few days searching with poor results before posting.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Plastic switch, order used from one of the many parts shops around. You can either replace the door locks or find a good locksmith and they can either make you a key or rekey the doors.. you can also get used keyless entry fob and reprogram it to fit your rover...

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call Paul Grant, tell him Disco Mike said to call him. Paul has been parting out Disco's for over 20 years and should be able to help.
203-770-1699.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV