Daytime Running Lights !!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Georgemera1

Reaction score
Yesterday I had time to check the owners manual of my 2012 HSE Luxury LR4 and found on the Lights section that the Daytime Running Lights supposed to be working when lights switch is in Off position and in Low beams and the car is on of course. It also says that If any states don't let you have Daytime Running Lights on, that you can have the dealer deactivated or activated.

My question is why in my car this is not working, I really like to have DRL on during the day, because it helps to prevent accidents and the car looks cool too. Do any of you guys have this feature working in yours and how is your light settings if yes.

Do any of you had the dealer to activate this feature??

Thanks in advance.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have the 2012 HSE Lux and the LEDs within the headlight do not work as DRLs. I haven't read the manual, but I don't think they were designed to work that way because Land Rover wants you to buy the $800 (pre-installation) OEM after-market DRLs.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only way to get the DRL effect with the LED accent lights is to manually turn the light knob one click to the right everytime you drive. It turns on the LED accent lights and the side markers to act as DRLs. There is no way to have this programmed at the dealership. You can have the dealership program the DRLs, but they are just the low beams and LED accent lights - as if you have the lights on. At least that is what a few people from this forum described and I talked to two different LR dealerships.

If you want automatic DRL lights, you have to go with the ~$800 OEM LEDs that fit under the front headlights in that black plastic (not worth it at all in my opinion).

-David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the DRLs activated in my 2010 for a few weeks then I deactivated them bc it was took much light and a waste of the HID bulbs having them on all the time. Like David said, if I want a DRL effect I turn the accent lights on. The LED DRLs LR sells is a MAJOR rip off as far as I am concerned.

Georgemera1

Reaction score
Can someone place a LR4 picture with the daytime running lights ON

Thanks in advance

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found it hard to photograph DRL's.

Attachments

• _MG_79621.jpg
    _MG_79621.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 138

Georgemera1

Reaction score
I found it hard to photograph DRL's.

Nice pic, I love those DRL's. But I think, next time I get the oil change of my LR4 I will ask them to turn the DRL's off. I have the LR4 2012 and they look like regular light on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi