For those who have the power folding mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXLR4

Reaction score
My driver side one started to be slower, now is slower and making a squeaky sound. Looking to see if there is any lubrication needed. If not, will take to dealer. I have 22K miles so far.

mine is squeaking too...has been since we got it, but only does it when the humidity levels are up outside. did you ever take it in or resolve this?

GermanRoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to have my 2010 greased twice because of the squeaks. Dealer said it was a product of living in the dust bowl. Whatever they used to lubricate seemed to do the job, never noticed any speed difference during the fold in. If it were me, I'd take it in, especially since you're under warranty.

subarueater

Reaction score
Hello,
My mirrors got out of sync, one would go in the other would go out. I got info from another site to do this to re-sync them and it worked. It could re-set the speed on yours.
1 Take out fuse #24 green 30 amp
2 press mirror button
3 take out fuse #11 green 30 amp
4 wait 60 sec's
5 put them back in

Good Luck

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,
My mirrors got out of sync, one would go in the other would go out. I got info from another site to do this to re-sync them and it worked. It could re-set the speed on yours.
1 Take out fuse #24 green 30 amp
2 press mirror button
3 take out fuse #11 green 30 amp
4 wait 60 sec's
5 put them back in

Good Luck

I will try it this weekend. Will let you know the outcome. Thanks for your contribution.

magnumforc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My left hand mirror taps the glass when it folds. I thought it was my spouse tapping on the glass first time I folded the mirors and I hit the brake while backing into the garage! Now I just know better. If she ever does tap the window I'll ignore her and probably back over something outside the sensor area.....

96_993TT

Reaction score
My drivers mirror is a squeaker... I even had it replaced a year ago and the new one does it too. I'll probably have them do it again before the warranty runs out if I decide to keep it. Its a design flaw IMO. I'm in Seattle so its not a dust thing and lube seems to help but it comes back. Passenger mirror has never squeaked.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My driver's side mirror has started to squeak and often stutters (stick-slip) as it closes. I wish I could program the closing of the mirrors.

Do you guys know how to lube it? I hate bringing it in to the dealership.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quijote, you are going to have to break down and buy yourself an IIDTool already. :biggrin:

Mine doesn't squeak (yet), is the squeak due to friction between the two plastic surfaces where the mirror assembly pivots? Maybe there is just dirt in there?

Last edited:

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quijote, you are going to have to break down and buy yourself an IIDTool already. :biggrin:

Mine doesn't squeak (yet), is the squeak due to friction between the two plastic surfaces where the mirror assembly pivots? Maybe there is just dirt in there?

I know. But I just spent $300 for a tool for my Porsche (that is out of warranty), so I am not in the mood to spend more money. I will have to refinish my voyager slides/steps soon. Will the tool allow me to NOT close the mirrors upon locking?

It's hard to tell because it happens occasionally and I am already walking away when the noise occurs. But it sounds like plastic squeaking past rubber.

TCM75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh, thanks for confirming, mbw. I always had a hunch they were different but thought it was just the angle from the driver's seat. I do find it funny that they don't really retract much...they are still wider than the rest of the vehicle (even with ridiculous side steps!) when folded.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV