Just picked up EBC pads and rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXLR4

Reaction score
RBA, did you go through the EPB process Doomsday mentioned above? This seems a little more involved than just swapping out pads and rotors.

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope...I didn't change the parking brake pads. I simply cleaned them up and that was it. Didn't get any errors, parking brake still works, the earth is still spinning.

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never triggered the sensors so I didn't need to change them. I reused the old ones. I thought there would be 4 (one per wheel) but there's only two. One for the front and one for the rear.

TXLR4

Reaction score
did you have any torque specs to follow when reassembling? not sure how important that is, but figured id ask...

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far so good. They grab real nice (as good or better then OE) with no squeaks.

TXLR4

Reaction score
just bumping this one back up...sounds like there have been some issues with the EBC rotors from other folks on here. How is everything going with yours? Remind me...how many miles did you have on your vehicle before you replaced everything? How many miles now?

I noticed my brakes squealing a little bit last night when backing out of the garage. At 13,000 miles I sure hope this isnt a sign that things are starting to go out...

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there's only been 1 person on this board who warped his rotors. I replaced my rotors and pads at 28K but I still had plenty of rotor left. The rear pads were getting close to the sensors. The front were still good. I was told by LR technicians and an independent shop that they replace all at once so I decided to do it all myself since it was less than 1/2 the price of an dealer full brake job. I'm only at 33K now, so only about 5K miles but everything is fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA