LR4 - Heavy Duty Package Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the aftermarket things that have been done to it and/or included in the purchase.

Are you going to add any other things?

Here are some things I use often:

1 Electrical things like dual battery system-for obvious reasons but also mine is being used a few different ways that required a bit of labor for wiring time (I am good with tools but not electronics). My interior dome lamps, all except center lamp, run off the 2nd battery including the small reading lamps at 3rd row windows. I set my default interior "door opens" lighting to "off unless turned on" (see manual for the "hunting mode")
I have an AC inverter and several extra 12v sockets powered from 2nd battery. 1 of the 2 dash center stack 12v sockets is powered always hot from 2nd battery.

I have separate switches to the 6 roof lamp outlets (4 front, 2 rear)

2 Supplemental Air - ARB high output compressor mounted in front corner of driver side engine bay, in front of the PC 2150 2nd battery. The Air guage and outlet are right there easy to access. It also supplies a 2nd air tank mounted under passenger side sill (similar to how factory tank is mounted on other side - it is in fact a 2nd factory tank using the oem mounts)

This air system also has an outlet and gauge and switch inside driver side far rear cargo panel hatch. (this was the original location retained when adding the under hood compressor re-location from under the frame where corrosion killed first one)

3- 2nd fuel tank which brings my total fuel capacity to 51 gallons. Switch on dash to monitor level, pump on/off. Easy access external pump with inline valves for ease of replacement in the field.

4-Rasta aluminum radiator guards - these are pretty sweet cast L shaped pieces

5- rear hatch interior release/exit switch activates unlock for exit from inside.

Just some ideas :idea:

Adrenalinsports

Reaction score
Great ideas, I planned on adding an auxiliary battery to run a cooler when camping and a high power air compressor. I also plan on adding some more led light bars to the roof rack.

I have heard of adding an auxiliary fuel tank. Do you have a link to where to purchase those?

Thanks,

Jud

michal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you going to add any other things?

Here are some things I use often:

1 Electrical things like dual battery system-for obvious reasons but also mine is being used a few different ways that required a bit of labor for wiring time (I am good with tools but not electronics). My interior dome lamps, all except center lamp, run off the 2nd battery including the small reading lamps at 3rd row windows. I set my default interior "door opens" lighting to "off unless turned on" (see manual for the "hunting mode")

I have an AC inverter and several extra 12v sockets powered from 2nd battery. 1 of the 2 dash center stack 12v sockets is powered always hot from 2nd battery.

I have separate switches to the 6 roof lamp outlets (4 front, 2 rear)

2 Supplemental Air - ARB high output compressor mounted in front corner of driver side engine bay, in front of the PC 2150 2nd battery. The Air guage and outlet are right there easy to access. It also supplies a 2nd air tank mounted under passenger side sill (similar to how factory tank is mounted on other side - it is in fact a 2nd factory tank using the oem mounts)

This air system also has an outlet and gauge and switch inside driver side far rear cargo panel hatch. (this was the original location retained when adding the under hood compressor re-location from under the frame where corrosion killed first one)

3- 2nd fuel tank which brings my total fuel capacity to 51 gallons. Switch on dash to monitor level, pump on/off. Easy access external pump with inline valves for ease of replacement in the field.

4-Rasta aluminum radiator guards - these are pretty sweet cast L shaped pieces

5- rear hatch interior release/exit switch activates unlock for exit from inside.

Just some ideas :idea:

Hi,

Wow - what a package!!! I am looking into adding a fuel tank as I noticed that my range is very very limited (especially after my week long Death Valley trip). Can you let me know which long range tank did you choose and was it easy to instal?

Also - what do you use your compressor for except for airing up? Did you instal a system that allows you to pump air into your suspension in case the compressor fails? I have heard that they exist but wasn't able to confirm of they work for LR4.

Thanks for answering my questions!!!!

Best,

Michal

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72