LR4 Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a thread where people can discuss TSBs related to the LR4.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear break squel TSB

Just an FYI to those who are having the rear break squel TsB work done, make sure your dealer replace the rotors too or else the squel will get worse as the rotors may have developed a lip.

rover831

Reaction score
Is this covered under warranty since there is a tsb? Just started last week, have 32,000 miles but dealer did not mention warranty, approx $1000 to replace rear pads/rotors and additional $700 for front but they have about 15% left in them.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this covered under warranty since there is a tsb? Just started last week, have 32,000 miles but dealer did not mention warranty, approx $1000 to replace rear pads/rotors and additional $700 for front but they have about 15% left in them.

Yes, the rear brake squeal when reversing TSB is covered under warranty.

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can i take my LR to the dealer and ask them to perform all these TSB?

1badrover

Reaction score
Rear Brake Pad Replacement...

I just replaced the rear pads on my LR4 last night. The new OEM rear pads are shaped different and so are the pad clips. Thinking that's what LR changed to stop the squelling problem. Not sure I installed the pads correctly or not. Has anyone done there own yet or seen a TSB on which way the pads and clips go in? Here's the differences, They've cut a taper into one side of all the pads and there's a left and right pair for each wheel.
So, should the pads be installed with the taper towards the bottom, or pointed up? There's also a top an bottom clip now where before they were both alike. I can see where one of the clips actualy will push against the pads now to keep them form virbrating. Should that clip go on the bottom
or the top? The first test drive was quiet, so perhaps I chose wisely...
Help, anybody know for sure? :help:

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh...I had the rear break squeal issue at 2k miles, back in Apr 2011. The dealer replaced the pad but no rotor. also had the pad replaced around 30k miles. Everything is still fine..I

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut