2015 the new discovery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh no, I hope they don't turn it into another crossover that is shaped like a worn bar of soap. I quickly ordered a 2013 when I found out the V8 would be extinct. Maybe I will need to order a late 2014 to replace the LR3. I really like all the space the current style provides. And I like the rugged unibody on frame which will likely become just a unibody to cut weight.

And if it is being completely redesigned and re-engineered, it will be a couple of years before they work out all the initial "bugs" and it is safe to buy one that will be reliable long-term.

If nothing else, let's hope the new Discovery "family" includes engines choices such as a diesel V6 here in the US.

Dubroz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If last sketch is an indication, then the box is gone. Too bad.

Attachments

• LR5.jpg
    LR5.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 58

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That line drawing has me concerned with the direction they are going from the classic shape.

Dubroz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took an LR4 and photochopped it to fit the sketch .... behold the new 2015 LR5 :)

Attachments

• LR5_PHOTOCHOPPED.jpg
    LR5_PHOTOCHOPPED.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 70

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job on the 'shop, but that looks hideous!

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ick. Looks like something Cadillac would sell. I think the value of all our LR4s just appreciated.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, nice work. Wait and see, that pic will spread around and end up on some auto rumor site.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA