2015 the new discovery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume that the roofline will be more continuous like the Evoque/RRS's roofline. The window area and that thicker white C pillar will probably be all black as well. Also, It looks like the front windshield will move forward more like in the line drawing. Still, it won't be the classic shape.

Dubroz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume that the roofline will be more continuous like the Evoque/RRS's roofline.

The sketch has a **** on it just like the LR4. It won't be continuous like evoque. The image I made used the sketch as a template so the proportions for windshield and hood are pretty close.

Things I learned while photochopping. The overall size of the LR5 is longer, increased length seems to be in the hood, wheel base is much longer, putting the front tire against the bumper will force a new front end look, the **** in the roof is much further back (making it look back heavy), windows are much smaller.

Since they have the roof ****, at least it appears they are keeping the real 3rd row seat and not going the RRS route.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure hope the overhang behind the rear wheels will be shorter than that, departure angle will suck otherwise. :biggrin: One thing I like about that sketch is that the wheel wells appear to be fairly large, or am I seeing things? My hope is that we will be able to fit 32-33"+ tires on that sucker. That would be an improvement. Alas, I also see smaller windows... Not much else, honestly.

So, it looks like we will still have one more model year of the "old" platform to play with, as I'm assuming this new Discovery will be revealed in 2015 as a MY2016.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or, maybe we are worrying for nothing. That could be the silhouette of the new Freelander (aka LR2 in North America), since Land Rover apparently intends to market the LR2's upcoming replacement as a "baby" Discovery, kind of like the Evoque is being marketed as a baby Range Rover. As it is widely believed the new Freelander / Baby Disco will be based on the Evoque platform, that sketch could be of that model and not necessarily of the LR4's next iteration. The LR2 replacement should be launched this year, before the LR4's - allegedly.

PS: "Video Removed by User"... Maybe Soilihull didn't want us to see that video just yet. :wink:

Last edited:

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap, they pulled it!

I sent the screenshot to Autoblog anyway.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You didn't miss much. What mattered was at the very end, the sketch shown above and the date, "2015", under the Land Rover oval. The rest was very Gravity-ish, but really revealed nothing other than "A new age of discovery" is coming. :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72