Price for 2year Service and rear brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I brought my 2012 LR4 in for a warranty repair (bad battery and problem with heating element on front windsheild). I was conned into doing my 2 year service 1 month earlier (I might have even gone longer as I only have 17k miles on her). The cost for the service was @$500. How does that compare to other regions?

Apparently, I am down to 4mm on my rear brakes, fronts are fine...which seems a bit weird. Replacing pads at 17k also seems a bit quick? What are other people experiencing? And $317 to replace my rear pads, that seems fairly obscene...

Thanks for any input.

Cheers,

Chris

TXLR4

Reaction score
What all was done for the 2 year service?

As for the pads...I think I've read somewhere on here where the rears will actually go before the fronts in some cases, so doesnt sound uncommon. $317 seems kind of steep for pads. I would consider doing them myself...sounds like a lot of folks on here have done it with little issue.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My second year service was just under $500. I recently sold my 2011 LR4 with 31.6K miles on it and it was most likely going to need some form of brake work done but that was not confirmed as I sold it prior to having my third year service performed. 17k does seem awfully early for brake work but I have seen several posts on here that people were having their brakes (pads and/or rotors) replaced very early. I don't know if I was just lucky or careful.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2013's rear brake pads were replaced first at about 19K miles. The fronts lasted to 30K. Take it to an indy shop, mine only charged about $170 for rear pads, sensor and labor. And 4mm is still quite a bit of pad left, IIRC it's 10mm when new. If you left it up to dealers, they'd change pads and rotors like underwear, it's all gravy to them.

Last edited:

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. Funny enough, the local Indy that specializes in Rovers wanted $370....I might just do it myself, but with 4mm left, i think i will wait a bit. any idea when the sensor trips (2mm?)

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In theory, the sensor should open when there is approximately 25% of pad left (2.5mm or so), although those sensors are not an exact science, either. You should just measure them yourself in another 2/3 thousand miles or so, if the sensor hasn't been tripped yet. $370 for rear pads??? Where do you live?

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Northern San Diego, about 2hrs south of you. Nothing is cheap here....

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I always complain about dealer prices, its probably only fair to mention when they do me a solid. They matched someone else's coupon and gave me $150 off my total 2year svc + rear brakes bill. Props to my local LR Dealer! And I didn't even have to burn half a tank of gas to drive up to Umberto's Indy shop....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV