Nail in Tire...replace both tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lone Star landy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Google "Land Rover tire matrix" and you should find a pdf, on Rangerrovers.net, that shows what tires Land Rover approves of. I would upload the pdf here, but the file is too big.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, good! the tire rack site doesn't list that particular version! odd.

TXLR4

Reaction score
Looking like I'm going to get 4 new Bridgestone Alenzas. Look to be within manufacturer specs, have an 80,000 mile pro-rate warranty and are significantly cheaper.

Heres a link:
HTML:
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findTireDetail.do?dVeh=dVeh&v=024481%7C2013&r=TSWINT%7Cc%7CSugar+Land&frmcart=true&pc=19257&ar=55&rd=19&cs=255

Thoughts?

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking like I'm going to get 4 new Bridgestone Alenzas. Look to be within manufacturer specs, have an 80,000 mile pro-rate warranty and are significantly cheaper.

Heres a link:
HTML:
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findTireDetail.do?dVeh=dVeh&v=024481%7C2013&r=TSWINT%7Cc%7CSugar+Land&frmcart=true&pc=19257&ar=55&rd=19&cs=255

Thoughts?

Same exact tire I suggested and posted last night ;)

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...HLALNPXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, without HD you probably have the compact spare. At 11K miles, and knowing how quickly the Conits wear out, it's a tough call. I'd bite the bullet in your shoes, even though the difference in tread wear may not be so dramatic between your tire and a new one to generate any issues, especially in the rear (the front can create more issues as a difference in overall circumference can make the transmission think you are cornering, and prevent upshifts.)

I'd recommend the same, bite the bullet and buy two new tires.

I ran into the same situation a few months ago, with less miles than yours. The nailed tire was un-repareable. I have HD package with full-size spare. So I bought one new tire and put the spare in service with the new one, and made the opposite side used tire my spare.

I also did this. My damaged tire was the rear one. Instead of keeping the new tires in the rear, I moved the front used ones in the back and put the new ones in the front. This is so the wear can be as even as possible. The fronts usually wear out quicker due to 36 psi vs 42 psi in the back plus steering, etc (you may not see it right away, visually the tread may be the same depth but the non-stick compound used while manufacturing process could be a thin layer being eroded slowly with use, and that can cause traction variation).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA