Interior Wood Trim set part number for 2012 Luxury Limited Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always felt that, in real life and not in marketing pictures, the wood trim for LR4 has been cheap looking as hell. Its just LR' way of keeping LR4 distant from their top dog. I mean, even LR2 has better looking/feeling wood trim quality.

How hard it is for them to offer a rich looking wood trim option (at least for the people who pay close to 65k for HSE LUX)?

Hello 2012 Luxury Limited Edition with your Dark Zebrano veneer. Came across it a couple of days ago, looks beautiful, at least in pictures:

http://media.caranddriver.com/image...-edition-interior-photo-450857-s-1280x782.jpg

http://media.caranddriver.com/image...dition-door-panel-photo-450859-s-1280x782.jpg

http://www.landrover.com/us/en/lr/lr4-hse-luxury/limited-edition/

Wonder if there is a way to get the part number so I can maybe order the set for my 2013, unless its like a million dollar kit.

Already called a couple of dealers but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Trim piece under the Nav in my LR4 is so synthetic and fake looking (with non realistic wood texture) that once a friend of mine made a comment that it looks fake. I asked them to replace it but they declined saying that there is no defect in it.

Does anyone here have the Limited Edition by any chance, would love to see interior pics, thanks.

Thanks for any leads.

Last edited:

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would happily trade you my Piano Black for your stock wood trim!

Piano Black is a nightmare. It just looks like glossy black plastic, attracts all the dust and fingerprints you can imagine. Horrid stuff.

Please tell me if you have any luck tracking down part numbers for the Limited Edition stuff. I would happily purchase if it's a reasonable price!

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the piano black. Looks great. I keep microfibers in the door pockets for when I am parked or waiting on someone.. I let my OCD come out and just clean/dust **** while I wait.

DSC_5088_zpsac198f5e.jpg

DSC_5091_zps08291111.jpg

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would happily trade you my Piano Black for your stock wood trim!

Piano Black is a nightmare. It just looks like glossy black plastic, attracts all the dust and fingerprints you can imagine. Horrid stuff.

Please tell me if you have any luck tracking down part numbers for the Limited Edition stuff. I would happily purchase if it's a reasonable price!

Thanks for the offering the trade, Surfrider. I didn't go for the piano black as I preferred the wood with my beige interior.

And, yes I was able to track down the part numbers (They are sold as individual pieces and not as kit so I am told). I'll let you guys guess the cost (parts only, without installation) first, then will tell you the part numbers and the cost I was quoted :)

I am surprised that there is no aftermarket solutions.

Was walking around my neighborhood today and spotted a parked GX-470, rich looking, dark wood interior, ridiculous that LR has cheaped out on such an expensive SUV as LR4 and no options at all as well. They should have given better options for at least the HSE LUX version.

Last edited:

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carid.com sells aftermarket kits by by Remin, I think. They offer a variety of trims including real wood, synthetic wood, and carbon trims. Around $150-200.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score

avus9

Reaction score
I have the limited edition Lux. Those pics in the initial post are a bit deceptive. Yes, the look/color of the wood is nice - but, they are much more glossy than pictured and frankly still look a bit cheap. So yes, you will notice (though not as much as on the black lacquered pieces) the lint/dust particles on the wood pieces.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the limited edition Lux. Those pics in the initial post are a bit deceptive. Yes, the look/color of the wood is nice - but, they are much more glossy than pictured and frankly still look a bit cheap. So yes, you will notice (though not as much as on the black lacquered pieces) the lint/dust particles on the wood pieces.

Thanks avus9.

I'd love to see the trim in real life before shelling out the million dollars. Hopefully I'll spot one around some day.

Glossiness is OK for me as long as it is dark, rich colored wood.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just go ahead and use varnish on your wood trim?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV