FFRR against TerraMax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to say that I read somewhere that they sliced a few tires open filming that. It wasn't all done in one shot....

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you referring to the Marauder in the second video or the RR in the first?

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you referring to the Marauder in the second video or the RR in the first?

Range Rover. I think the quote on the number is about right. It was something really silly.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"But, But it can wade this much water, and and it has this much wheel articulation and terrain response 2 which would do things automatically for you...", responds the sales person at the dealership.

Anything less than 17 or 18 inch and you are asking for trouble, have no confidence while going off road, forget driving at moderate speeds on roads with gravel or sharp rocks, small or big, with always this fear looming on your head of having a flat.

Soccer mom vehicles they have become.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Range Rover. I think the quote on the number is about right. It was something really silly.

Thats the type of fear that kept me from venturing into a dirt road in Mojave last week. I just didn't feel comfortable with Contis on that surface. I got on the dirt road but after thirty or forty feet into it, really, reversed back onto the pavement :) Maybe I am being overly cautious, but I've already had two flats on new tires on separate occasions (both on road, nail and a bolt, and had to buy a new tire once), plus I recently had surgery so cannot lift and change a wheel myself.

Has anyone tried those roads (or similar) with Contis?

Here are some pics and a couple of the dirt road:

Attachments

• IMG_2263a.jpg
    IMG_2263a.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2270a.jpg
    IMG_2270a.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2270b.jpg
    IMG_2270b.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2284a.jpg
    IMG_2284a.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2288b.jpg
    IMG_2288b.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To think that all they'd have to do is slap on some smaller wheels with more rubber, and the thing would be a monster . . .

I've always been under the impression that they needed the big rims to clear the giant brakes, which you need to stop these heavy vehicles. But with the ~400kg diet, don't you think they could put on some meatier shoes?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72