freelander 2004 2.5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueski

Reaction score
P0300, P0301, P0303, P0304 did a full tuneup the problem still the same , same code ..running very poorly . The power just dropped off and now it idles very poorly and loud . It cannot be driven also P1472and P1471..replace both VIS code no longer present ........the freelander also engine service light on and a flashing oil light ..after 50 MPH the car shake a lot . cylinder #5 spark pug had oil on it when I pulled out ,,,, also has a thermostat leak .........what else do i have to look for misfire?

Last edited:

alika808

Reaction score
blueski; cylinder #5 spark pug had oil on it when I pulled out said:
Are you certain it's an oil (not fuel) in the #5 spark plug? The plug is not firing, you may have bad spark plug or coil pack. There's no electricity to make the plug spark to burn the liquid such as the fuel injected from the fuel injector but if this is an oil then you have cylinder head gasket oil leak into the cylinder. But still if there's a spark of the plug then can still burn the oil but it have smoke comes out from the tail pipe. Try to swap the spark plug from the other cylinder and if the problem follows then the plug is out of service. If the problem remain with the same cylinder, then try to move the coil pack.

Freddy

Reaction score
Sounds like u have a blow head gasket like I had in my 03 freelancer. My issue turned out to be the cylinder sleeve cracking.littlerlywas just moving with every ****** of the motor. I really hope that this is not your problem because there really is no repairing it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA