Chat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It just occurred to me that a chat client could be a good feature on this site. Assuming that it could be done (in a technical sense, without overloading the server, etc.), would you use a chat room on LRWO?

bhodisatva

Reaction score
There are a couple of options open to vBulletin software users for a chat section that i know of. We have one version running over on LRUK Forums, called a shoutbox, but i know there are fully fledged chat programs such as mIRC that can be hooked up to the site. Good idea or bad, there's pro's and cons with everything, heard the tales of chat rooms taking away from posting on the site, not seen any evidence of this though. As for overloading the server or Bwidth usage couldn't really tell you, i'm not that techie minded.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not many people using the chatroom. Maybe we just miss each other? Should we set up a site time for everyone to chat? Like a RWO meeting in the chatroom?

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sam, what you really got to do is to try schedule some sort of live discussion events. Like Q&A sessions and things like this.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a good idea. Live discussion events. I like that.

ruffinit

Reaction score
We had a chat yesterday, but the site for me was not working well at all..it would work for ike 10minutes then would stop...may have been my computer, but im for chats!

danshepp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
re:chat

yes i think a chat feature would be very usefull . i don't think having a specific time would work, aas some of us are in different time zones...

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be easier, if you want a chat... to just list our chat names and what chat program we use for those that wish to chat? I know I have just about every version of chat software and tend to stick to yahoo, AIM or I used to use skype, but tend not to use it much anymore.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The site has grown quite a bit since this thread was started, and a chatroom might actually be useful nowadays. I will look into some possibilities to see how much work it would take.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA