Take a wild guess..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much is my insurance going to cough up to pay for this? Rear ended someone on the freeway on Sunday in a 3-car collision (I guess the good news is is that nobody rear ended me...) Luckily nobody was injured in either my car or the Toyota Tundra full size pickup truck I struck - I had my 5-year old twin girls in my car, thank goodness for the car seats - but we were in the carpool lane so we were going at a pretty good clip. My airbag deployed - I wish it hadn't, I had all the time to prepare for impact as I knew there was no way I was going to be able to stop in time. The vehicle in front of the pickup I struck fled the scene, I wonder why?

The wet spots you see under the engine are... my coolant. His hitch penetrated my bumper all the way to the radiator. Vehicle was therefore not drivable and was towed. Some photos of the carnage:

2015-03-01%2014.50.45.jpg

2015-03-01%2014.51.20.jpg

2015-03-01%2014.50.31.jpg

2015-03-01%2014.50.35.jpg

Bummer.

Last edited:

Derman

Reaction score
Bummer.

That is a terrible sight. I hope they catch the original driver and I'm glad all are safe. Cars are easier to fix than kids....sometimes.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh! No!!!

Glad to hear that everyone is okay!

Following too close? Or are these things so heavy they don't stop well?

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer.

Glad everyone is ok though.... as vehicles are replaceable!

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$9370

Still sorry to hear this happened. Hopefully it comes back as good as new.

Derman

Reaction score
And I think you are in LA - I know a good shop in Gardena if you need one.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Bingo. $10,167.00. I know a great shop in Gardena, too, near my work... (Is it the same? Gardena Body Shop?), but my car is near my house in Pasadena, my insurance car rental is in Pasadena... So I am kinda stuck in Pasadena at this AAA "approved" body shop I know nothing about. Oh well, at least it's just cosmetic damage, other than the radiator and the airbag. Fingers crossed they do a good job. They already told me it will take two weeks to source all parts, paint and install them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA