Tires reccomondations for LR4 HSE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjaskuls

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I have a 2010 LR4 HSE and it's getting to that point that I'm looking at new tires.

I'm running the 19 inch continentials that came with the truck but am interested in what people have had success with as far as fire longevity and performance.

As it happens a guy from the gym I go to works for yokahama and can get me a wholesale price for that brand for the LR4 (I think he said 850$ all in)
So if anyone has had Yokohama I'd be very interested in hearing about that experience.
Thanks everyone
'Landrover forever'

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first and most obvious question is "what do you do with your LR4?"

Street driving only? Any offroad? If so, dirt roads, mud?

Where do you live? Sunny all the time, or icy and snowy half of the year?

cjaskuls

Reaction score
Hello, i live in southern ontario.
So there is snow, ice and so on 1/3 to1/2 the year.
Live in the country so dirt roads are how I get home and to the highway.

Shredahead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yokohama doesn't make a tire for the 19" size. I've had good luck with Yokohama Geolanders on other vehicles so I wish they made them to fit the LR. I recently mounted Cooper Zeon LTZ and have about 4000 miles and they are awesome. We've had a really snowy April and May in Colorado and got in some good snow and off road in Southern UT. Been impressed with everything about this tire so far except on icey roads. There is not a lot of sipping. Even got these in some good mud and was surprised how well these did. Great on the highway also. Don't know how long they will last but at 4K they are looking great with no detectable significant wear.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are in Southern Ontario than get Nokian WRG3 and forget about everything else.

Last edited:

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are in Southern Ontario than get Nokian WRG3 and forget about the everything else.

Agreed.

Unless you want ultimate snow traction, in which case I'd go with dedicated Nokian Hakkapeliittas for winter and something else the rest of the year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut