Rattle coming from wooden panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does any one experience a rattle coming from their doors? I think it is from the contact of the wooden strip on the door. Does any one know how to remove the wooden panel so that I can insert some pad to muffle the sound? any help would be appreciative.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the diagrams... hope they help.

ScreenShot2013-11-25at31152PM_zps11a19fe4.png

ScreenShot2013-11-25at31209PM_zps98cefa9d.png

ScreenShot2013-11-25at31216PM_zpsf8b30fe5.png

ScreenShot2013-11-25at31228PM_zpsd981bfcf.png

That should get you far enough in to get the panel off.

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks this does help a little, however I just want to remove the wooden panel where the door handle meets. Is it possible just to remove this?

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks this does help a little, however I just want to remove the wooden panel where the door handle meets. Is it possible just to remove this?

No, one must remove the entire door panel to access getting behind this wood strip. To make you feel better these wood panels develop a noisy sound over time; local dealer told me they will put some sound foam behind those panels when they start rattling.

gef73

Reaction score
Hi guys, just got a new to me CPO Santorini black 2011 HSE LUX. I love this thing!! Been driving a 2003 VW Eurovan Westfalia and bummed I didn't get an LR4 sooner. My question is about a rattle coming from the wood panel on the right rear passenger door. Has anyone been successful just popping the wood panel off to shim/putty or do I really need to take the whole door apart. The truck is like new with only 20,000 miles on it and I don't really want to rip it apart. Thanks

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same story goes for the rear doors, unfortunately you must detach the whole trim panel off the door to be able to access and release the retaining tangs that hold the wood veneer trim in place.

Daniel Hull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After living with an annoying rattle from the passenger door wood trim for years, I finally couldn't take it anymore. Planning a two week vacation starting in a couple days and didn't want to listen to this the whole way. It took about an hour to get the door apart and pull off the wood trim, put some tape behind it and tighten it up, and reassemble. So far so good. My main concern was making the door worse...sometimes there is a risk of damage if you don't know what you are doing. I buggered up the aluminum door handle trim just a little bit..recommend taping it off first, which worked when I did the other side. I had had the dealer "fix" this under warranty a few years ago and their attempt accomplished nothing, except they apparently didn't reinstall the bolt by the door lock, which was not present.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut