Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daniel Hull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another nice thing about this setup compared to the regular tow adapter is that the hitch looks like it sits several inches higher. This is great if you carry a hitch mount bike rack like the 1up and go down rough roads. I'm always worried about clearance, and when I compare to other trucks it seems the LR4 hitch is much lower than typical. I'd been considering an adapter just to raise the height, but maybe this is a better option (at a higher price but with additional benefits).

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting point about the 1Up bike rack. I use it as well but with the OEM plug-in hitch. I like it that way because I most often use the 1Up configured for a single bike and when I do so I can have the bike rack folded up and the LR4 tailgate can fold down all the way. So I can leave the bike rack on the LR4 for longer periods of time. But I see you point about going off road. I haven't gone on anything that rough with my bike rack.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have not had a chance to tow with it yet Chris...BUT :proud: , I finally installed the brake controller (I'm running a Tekonsha Prodigy P3) this week, and I'm ready for a test tow before we start our camping season next month!

I will post an update on how it goes!!! Stay tuned!

We did the 1,600-mile DC > Auburn, AL > DC round trip from Fri through Mon. On the way back we towed a 6x12 U-Haul trailer. This was the maiden trip for the Rhino Hitch and AB towing electrics setup and everything worked flawlessly. Incredibly, even every single light on the trailer worked properly.

The trailer is just under 2,000 pounds empty with a GVW of 4,400 pounds. I don't think we had 2,400 pounds of cargo but I'm pretty sure we had a good chunk of that.

If a hitch can be good-looking then this one is a head turner. I will try to post a few photos soon. Looking forward to the next tow trip.

PS: I had a few questions during install of the hitch and Todd (@tlt) was accessible and very helpful. This is a nice piece of kit. Happy to share details on the install process or any other aspect of this item if anyone is interested.

cwatel

Reaction score
Sorry guys, may have missed it, but can Todd or someone please post a web link or provide information on pricing and where/how to buy. I have towing needs but they are sporadic and I want to compare the OEM with aftermarket options. Thanks!

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is an ebay listing you can find by searching "NEW CUSTOM LAND ROVER TRAILER HITCH RECEIVER LR3, LR4 RANGE ROVER SPORT". He also has contact info and some photos on his company FB page, search on "Differential Parts US". I don't think there is a dedicated website page for this item yet but the main site is http://differentialpartsus.com and it has contact info. The price is $595 delivered.

For sporadic and light duty towing I would have been happy with the OEM unit. I got the Rhino with future, heavier duty trips in mind. The price was close enough to be a wash and I liked some of its other benefits. I like it and don't plan to take it off between towing trips.

Good luck with research.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72