Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maggpie

Reaction score
Less than two months old

Still learning the kinks and definately getting used to the comfort of my mew lr4. I look forward to driving it everyday.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,020.9 KB · Views: 106

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
especially since you're drives on it's side!:smile:

Seriously, congrats. nice ride.

I thought maybe she meant "leaning the kinks out" rather than "learning". Seriously, Maggie, congratulations. I have 2 years and 50K now on mine and continue to love the way it drives.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought maybe she meant "leaning the kinks out" rather than "learning". Seriously, Maggie, congratulations. I have 2 years and 50K now on mine and continue to love the way it drives.

WOW Dan, you have really loaded them up. Sure do miss mine, still. Hoping the new Disco 5 comes out and all the soccer moms trade up so the market comes down on the LR4.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW Dan, you have really loaded them up. Sure do miss mine, still. Hoping the new Disco 5 comes out and all the soccer moms trade up so the market comes down on the LR4.

Sigh. Seeing the spy shots for the coming "Discovery" and seeing a handful of 2016 Landmarks on our dealer's lot with the HD package I begin to think crazy things like taking a huge loss on my MY2014 and buying a 2016 simply so I could get another 2-3 years in an LR4. Because, when my current LR4 finally dies it is likely I'll need to abandon LR and go with a Land Cruiser. (Test drove a 2016 Land Cruiser this week just to see if that would be OK and though I may need to live with it at some point it made me want to do whatever I can to stay in an LR4. That LC feels "huge" when driving it.) Anyway, I figure it probably makes more sense for me to keep taking good care of my MY14 and when I finally have to let it go I'll see if I can find a MY16 Landmark that has HD and was driven by a soccer mom. I can't imagine getting $50K trade in on my 2014 HSE LUX with the Voyager sliders.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sigh. Seeing the spy shots for the coming "Discovery" and seeing a handful of 2016 Landmarks on our dealer's lot with the HD package I begin to think crazy things like taking a huge loss on my MY2014 and buying a 2016 simply so I could get another 2-3 years in an LR4. Because, when my current LR4 finally dies it is likely I'll need to abandon LR and go with a Land Cruiser. (Test drove a 2016 Land Cruiser this week just to see if that would be OK and though I may need to live with it at some point it made me want to do whatever I can to stay in an LR4. That LC feels "huge" when driving it.) Anyway, I figure it probably makes more sense for me to keep taking good care of my MY14 and when I finally have to let it go I'll see if I can find a MY16 Landmark that has HD and was driven by a soccer mom. I can't imagine getting $50K trade in on my 2014 HSE LUX with the Voyager sliders.

New LC looks really improved!! Granted it still looks and seems like it would be a boat. Not what I enjoy. Really missing the LR4 but the new Raptor looks like a lot of fun. Toss up between the two.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes:I don't mind the interior of the LC. And they have some cool features. Much larger nav/infotainment screen than the LR4. And they have a reasonably effective camera system that has its own dedicated hard button. (I'm not a fan of lots of soft buttons so I also like that the LC still has plenty of knobs and buttons that I can find/use by feel while keeping my eyes on the road/trail.) That said, the exterior feels really and unnecessarily bloated. If it is for better mileage it can't be that effective because the LC still has mileage no better than an LR4. And they still haven't done anything to improve the waste of interior cargo space when it comes to stowing the 2nd and 3rd row. And of course it doesn't come with adjustable air suspension. So I'll continue to take great care of my 2014 LR4 unless I find some salesperson at our dealership who, maybe because they have spent too much time with Colorado's new cash crop, decides to offer me an insane trade in on my 2014 and I'll buy a 2016. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick