Wheel alignments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Haleakala

Reaction score
Hi, for those of you that get off the road often, how often do you get an alignment?

And for those that are road going only, do you align annually, every other year or at a new set of tires?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last time my dealer was $99.95. I think it may be up to $129.95 now though. My indy shop is 8 miles from the dealer, so they take everything 2005 and newer there for alignments anyway becasue they do a better job with it.

SHS14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid $150 in Dayton, OH recently but only after calling around to other dealers. This was my first since new -- 3 year old alignment. My front toe was out and my rear camber was mismatched. Mostly road going but we we have the normal winter potholes that simulate poor off road conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel Hull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get off-road every other month roughly. My truck is 5 years old, almost through it's second set of tires, and has never had an alignment and doesn't seem to be in need of one (based on tire wear and how it handles). I'd normally do it with a tire change and probably will with the next set.

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid close to $150 at Goodyear and it gives me 3 years of unlimited alignments. The service tec there has years of experience with rovers.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid close to $150 at Goodyear and it gives me 3 years of unlimited alignments. The service tec there has years of experience with rovers.

This is the best tip so far. It never occurred to me that there might be an all-you-can-eat option for alignments. That is close enough to the one-time charge at my shop that it is worth it. I will look into that, thanks.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My off-roading resume is a gravel driveway when taking my kid to soccer practice. I have a very trustworthy mechanic who balance my tires, rotates and aligns my vehicles every 12 months ($100). I also rotate the tires every oil change. The price of tires justify the extra expense in my humble opinion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV