Live tire pressure monitoring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Haleakala

Reaction score
I've been searching... I understand now that the service menu is not available while driving. This is where the tire pressures can be displayed. But when I do visit this screen with the ignition off, there are zeroes at all four corners. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

cwatel

Reaction score
Hi. Where in the menu do you look for the tire pressure information?

Haleakala

Reaction score
While not pressing the brake, press the start button. Then hit the ok button on the right side of the steering wheel. Scroll down to the service menu and hit okay. Select tire pressures. They can only be viewed after the vehicle has been driven.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just FYI, that menu option wasn't available until recent model years (2014 or 2015+)...

DWarner

Reaction score
Just FYI, that menu option wasn't available until recent model years (2014 or 2015+)...

This is one of the few complaints I have with our truck...

My wife drove an Escalade and a Denali prior to this which both had live tire pressure monitoring which was especially comforting when towing. I do miss the ability to see exactly what's going on down there in a matter of seconds.

Another thing the truck is missing which is also nice while towing is a digital transmission fluid temperature readout.

We towed a 5000 pound camper 800 miles for the first time with the LR this past weekend it performed flawlessly. After the last two trucks we owned which were towing beasts, I guess I wasn't expecting the LR to be quite as impressive as it was despite everything I'd read. But I did find myself missing the TPMS readout and real time transmission temp indicators...

The last thing the truck lacks that I really don't like is a conventional dipstick. I've had a couple BMW's that didn't have one either, and I knew it didn't have one when we purchased the truck, but I guess I'm old school and would prefer to be able to check my own oil level and color...

I'm done complaining. Thanks.
lol:smile:

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is something I'm going to check out on my MY14. I don't remember this being an option but it would be nice. I have a Discount Tire with free pressure checks about a mile from my house. So I go by there often. But it would be nice while on a trip to check the pressure. Especially given that I have LT tires. I am also looking into a TPMS system for my trailer tires.

mko9

Reaction score
The last thing the truck lacks that I really don't like is a conventional dipstick. I've had a couple BMW's that didn't have one either, and I knew it didn't have one when we purchased the truck, but I guess I'm old school and would prefer to be able to check my own oil level and color...

I'm done complaining. Thanks.
lol:smile:

It is bad enough that the truck doesn't have a dipstick, but the procedure to check the oil is complete ********. How did it ever pass muster to have to drive the truck around for a while to get it up to temperature, then park it and let it sit for 10min to check the oil level? What should be a 30sec job is a 20min saga. Assuming you remember to go back and check the level before it cools off too much, or accidentally put your foot on the brake and restart the truck. Which also points to the stupidity of push button start/stop over just having a key.

Haleakala

Reaction score
They want you to bring it in for service. And speaking of that, the prepaid service option calls for 16,000 mile oil changes. That is like culture shock to me. But I may be able to justify paying for an oil change for the first time in my life.

Has anyone experienced oil consumption with either engine?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did it ever pass muster to have to drive the truck around for a while to get it up to temperature, then park it

You don't have to do that. You can take an oil level reading first thing in the morning before driving off to work, if you want. What you do have to do is wait 15 minutes after you turn off the engine before you can get a reading (oil is too warm and hasn't had time to drip back down in the sump), but "getting it up to temperature" first is not necessary to read its level. Not in my experience, anyway.

DWarner

Reaction score
It is bad enough that the truck doesn't have a dipstick, but the procedure to check the oil is complete ********. How did it ever pass muster to have to drive the truck around for a while to get it up to temperature, then park it and let it sit for 10min to check the oil level? What should be a 30sec job is a 20min saga. Assuming you remember to go back and check the level before it cools off too much, or accidentally put your foot on the brake and restart the truck. Which also points to the stupidity of push button start/stop over just having a key.

I feel ya mko9...

You don't have to do that. You can take an oil level reading first thing in the morning before driving off to work, if you want. What you do have to do is wait 15 minutes after you turn off the engine before you can get a reading (oil is too warm and hasn't had time to drip back down in the sump), but "getting it up to temperature" first is not necessary to read its level. Not in my experience, anyway.

Good to know...

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA