How to display MPH on dash in 2012 LR4 LUX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdotpoker

Reaction score
Hello all
I just purchased a 2012 LR4 LUX. Its pretty awesome.
I can't seem to get MPH to show on the dash. I can make KPH show.
When I asked the dealer about it, the service person fumbled through all of the menus (like I had) and said he didn't know.
I searched the forum and couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For unknown reasons, the MPH digital display is disabled at the factory. Only way to enable it is via diagnostics (a tool such as IIDTool will turn it on), it's not possible to enable it via the in-car menus.

ZR1Gerhardt

Reaction score
Get yourself the IID tool.

There are quite a few things that can only be changed diagnostic tool.

You can turn off the TPMS sensors when they go crazy, change folding mirrors (on or off), show MPH, put your car in various service modes, this is handy if you do your own work on the car. And many other things.

The person before me never used the HD radio, because it was not enabled from the factory. I looked it up, and turned it on. Now I have crystal clear High Def radio!

Scott

mdotpoker

Reaction score

You can turn off the TPMS sensors when they go crazy, change folding mirrors (on or off), show MPH, put your car in various service modes, this is handy if you do your own work on the car. And many other things.

The person before me never used the HD radio, because it was not enabled from the factory. I looked it up, and turned it on. Now I have crystal clear High Def radio!

Scott

Thanks Scott. Where do I get the IID and how much is it?

mdotpoker

Reaction score
For unknown reasons, the MPH digital display is disabled at the factory. Only way to enable it is via diagnostics (a tool such as IIDTool will turn it on), it's not possible to enable it via the in-car menus.

I went to the dealer on Thursday and they were completing some promised work after the sale. I asked them to look at the MPH on the dash in their diagnostic tool. They said that they did and claim that it is not available for the 2012 LR4.:hmmmm2:

Before I spend 500 bucks on a diag tool, is there anyone in the Colorado Springs area that can show me how to use it to check if the option is available?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No surprise there... If you ask a dealer, they will tell you its not available for any model year. They cannot modify the factory configuration (even if it was possible, which may very well not be with the official diagnostics) for liability reasons. This is America, remember?

"Your honor, my client got distracted by the digital speed display the dealership illegally enabled despite my client's desperate pleads not to, and crashed into a large tree as a result. We are suing the dealership for the bent front end, plus $20 million for punitive damages, negligence and causing severe emotional distress."

With IIDTool it will take you maybe a minute to enable that display.

Last edited:

RedGTS

Reaction score

Scott

So is HD Radio turned off by default on all LR4's, or was that an oversight at the factory or something? I don't think I've ever really noticed whether I'm getting HD or not, but I have an IID tool so I can turn it on if need be.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2013 LR4, HD radio was only thrown in the same package that included Sirius XM. If you didn't order sat radio, you didn't get the HD radio decoder either. Don't know if things have changed on more recent model years.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV