Voyager Rack Low Profile Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kbutler1

Reaction score
Hey all,

A couple questions on this type of roof rack(or similar):

1) Assume you can still open the sunroof and that it slides underneath the bars? anyone have pictures of this?

2) How to you attach cargo boxes? Probably a silly question but have zero experience with this sort of thing

Thanks for any info!

cheers! :beer:

Bama4door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Yes the sunroof opens all the way without interference.

2. Not sure what kind of cargo boxes you mean, but I can get a pic of the floor tubing so you can see what the layout looks like.

I ended up cutting off both side rails in order to fit my roof top tent. You can see what that looks like in the pic.

ED5E57E4-70DD-457E-92B5-DB20DAFD224D_zps4xzl54bq.jpg

Cole%20GSMTR%206_zpsrek1ywch.jpg

Kbutler1

Reaction score
Thanks!

I guess for storage boxes like Thule (and the like) make. Looking at their sites it shows them using crossbars to attach to. I'm curious how these types would secure to a full roof rack.

Kbutler1

Reaction score
My biggest question is: how would you attach a Yakima SkyBox 16 to the full rack?
(I'm between the Voyage Low Profile or the Prospeed)

Anyone have experience with something like this?

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EO2 mounts... I can put two 1730 Pelicans on my rack with EO2. They snap on, lock with a key, padlock the cases. Secure, waterproof, easy to open while still on the rack (I just throw camping gear in them and unload them while on the rack)

IMG_20160502_191251_zpsk5oztd2l.jpg

IMG_20160502_190957_zpsxyailtkk.jpg

DSC_9597_zpskk8jp5lp.jpg

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also in case you are interested, the voyager fiberglass win fairing works well, once you figure out a good way to attach it.

DSC_9595_zpsh6runfmt.jpg

GMB LR4

Reaction score
MBW,
What flooring do you have on your voyager set-up? In the photos, is doesn't look like either of the options voyager offers, and I am a huge fan of your current config. Exact details of your roof set-up would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MBW,
What flooring do you have on your voyager set-up? In the photos, is doesn't look like either of the options voyager offers, and I am a huge fan of your current config. Exact details of your roof set-up would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

The flooring is PolyMax Overlapping Poultry/Kennel Flooring
https://www.farmtek.com/farm/suppli...terials-ft_mats_flooring;pgha2215_HA2215.html

It is easy to cut, waterproof, and will stand up to walking on. I secure mine with just heavy duty zip ties and change them once a year due to UV rays making them brittle over time. You could use rubber insulated hose clamps or something else, but the zip ties has been very strong.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut