LR4 Accessories

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eventually. I bought an ARB and put it in storage a few months ago. But wasn't ready to go full bull bar yet. I figured that as I begin to wheel the truck more, then perhaps I'd make the switch. Just wasn't ready to go overboard as I really like the front end of the D4.

I should say because maybe you are thinking it: 'why go bull bar?" And the answer is that there really is no substitute when it comes to preventing front end damage from shrubs, rocks, etc.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eventually. I bought an ARB and put it in storage a few months ago. But wasn't ready to go full bull bar yet. I figured that as I begin to wheel the truck more, then perhaps I'd make the switch. Just wasn't ready to go overboard as I really like the front end of the D4.

I should say because maybe you are thinking it: 'why go bull bar?" And the answer is that there really is no substitute when it comes to preventing front end damage from shrubs, rocks, etc.
I completely agree. Do I probably need it at this point? Likely not, however I love having the protection and housing for the winch. I may be moving to a place with a LOT of deer, so this would also offer great protection.

In the end, I just love the look - I have always wanted it so I bit the bullet.

The install is on Saturday - I'm a bit nervous. :)

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NAS, you can ship me your bumper if you dont want it. LOL!

I am in the desert with no brush or animals to worry about. Except maybe the odd camel? =D

I just want it for the looks!

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL. When I make the switch, it will be available. Most of the anxiety producing work will be done with bumper plastic cutting, etc... :biggrin:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL. When I make the switch, it will be available. Most of the anxiety producing work will be done with bumper plastic cutting, etc... :biggrin:
I am a bit annoyed, as they completely forgot to include the damn hardware! I am working with them to see if they can next day everything to me. I just hope I can get it before Friday, as I am planning install on Saturday. UGH!

I am also trying to decide if I am going to deactivate the front sensors, or use the template (which is part of the hardware kit I did not get) to drill out the front parking sensor holes. I may just skip the sensors and turn off only the front ones with my IIDTool.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer, that is annoying.

I would advocate drilling the holes for the two inside parking sensors. A simple punch and unibit with a Q-tip and some paint is all you need to make it clean. You will only regret not having it in case a wife/gf or valet parks your truck by braille.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer, that is annoying.

I would advocate drilling the holes for the two inside parking sensors. A simple punch and unibit with a Q-tip and some paint is all you need to make it clean. You will only regret not having it in case a wife/gf or valet parks your truck by braille.
I am keeping my fingers crossed they can get me the hardware/installation kit by Friday.

I thought about that as well (doing the 2 sensors on each side of the license plate), but would it trip off the 2 sensors that are located on the body near the fog lights? I wonder if I can remove only those 2 without an issue?

I know with the IIDTool I can turn off the front completely, but I wonder what happens when the picture of the LR4 comes up on the LCD display that shows you the front parking graphics and beeps.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am keeping my fingers crossed they can get me the hardware/installation kit by Friday.

I thought about that as well (doing the 2 sensors on each side of the license plate), but would it trip off the 2 sensors that are located on the body near the fog lights? I wonder if I can remove only those 2 without an issue?

I know with the IIDTool I can turn off the front completely, but I wonder what happens when the picture of the LR4 comes up on the LCD display that shows you the front parking graphics and beeps.

Hmm, must be different on the '13. I don't have a screen for the front, just the beeps. You could experiment with the wiring. Assuming each sensor is a two wire, cut one and see if either you get a fault or it beeps. Then reconnect if needed with an aftermarket plug(trailer wire), solder the connections or even scotch lock if in a pinch.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NAS, you can ship me your bumper if you dont want it. LOL!

I am in the desert with no brush or animals to worry about. Except maybe the odd camel? =D

I just want it for the looks!

That's why I asked what he was doing with it!!! DIBS!!!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA