What is this vent?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evapa

Reaction score
I am trying to hook up a led light bar on my 2010 LR4 and i am determining a location to mount a rocker switch without putting holes in my bottom dash. I am wonding what this vent is next to the start engine button.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414115271184.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414115271184.jpg
    677.7 KB · Views: 33

Evapa

Reaction score
Mic for phone? Are there mic's above on the dome light also.

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, it is the sensor for the auto air conditioning/heat. Measures the interior temp.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to find a location for the switch for a laser jammer. I ended-up putting it above the headlight switch, to the right of the thumb wheel that controls the left vent. The entire panel, including the vent and headlight switch just pops off. Start by tugging at the left edge closest to the door. Pull toward the steering wheel.

Disconnect the headlight switch to free the panel. When drilling the hole, use a new or sharp drill bit. On mine, I had to drill through a sandwich of wood, aluminum & plastic. To run the wiring, just pull down on the panel under the steering wheel to release it then pull it toward the seat to remove it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut