18 inch wheels for off road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyway, what color does everyone think would go well with causeway gray? Black I suppose, the anthracite might be too much dark gray? Monochromatic?

Also, can anyone chime in on the daily drivability of BFG T/A KO2's? I'd get the 265/65/18's for no rubbing and to maintain access mode functionality, which I'll need to get in my garage. .

I think the grey wheels would look the classiest with your paint color, especially because the fender flares and bumper parts will also be the body paint. On lr3's with the black plastic parts, black wheels seem to look fine, but to me it also depends on the paint color.

My vote is a strong in favor of anthracite on your Causeway paint.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha, boy did this thread ever get off topic.

Johnson, I'm interested in a set of compo's. I'm in the process of acquiring a 2013 Causeway Gray LR4 now and would like to get my wheel situation sorted out. It has the factory 20" 5-spoke wheels on it, which I think are glamorously fugly and worthless for winter here in Ohio. Anyway, what color does everyone think would go well with causeway gray? Black I suppose, the anthracite might be too much dark gray? Monochromatic?

Also, can anyone chime in on the daily drivability of BFG T/A KO2's? I'd get the 265/65/18's for no rubbing and to maintain access mode functionality, which I'll need to get in my garage. But I haven't seen anyone comment on how they are for daily driving on-road, which will be a lot of my driving. I will be occasionally towing a 20' enclosed car hauler loaded with sports cars, so load rating is a concern. As far as snow goes, all I've read is positive reviews so should be good there.

let me know if you decide the 20" wheels you have.

Johnson Rods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
18 inch Wheel for LR4, Sport, Full Size

These 18 inch Compomotive wheels are getting excellent reviews. The link location has changed to:

http://johnsonrods.com/johnson_rods_3_006.htm

17536[/ATTACH]"]
853_z.jpg

Attachments

• 853_z.jpg
    853_z.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 14

joseluis

Reaction score
I have the comp 18" wheels with 275/65 maxxis 771 bravo ,johnson rods,a lot better y than standar

on hi way yesterday i reach 200km/h, and today y went on the sand for some offroad.

I have a 2015 scv6 lr4

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, anyone wants to trade their charcoal/grey Compos for black?

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anybody looking to sell their Compomotives or do another group buy? I am open to grey or black but prefer grey. Please reply or PM if you have a set. Thanks.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anybody looking to sell their Compomotives or do another group buy? I am open to grey or black but prefer grey. Please reply or PM if you have a set. Thanks.

Hey,

I'm looking to possibly do an exchange plus cash. Your OEM + cash for my 5 black Compos.

Ideally locally (NY).

marcap599

Reaction score
HI to all,
an alternative is the following: mudtech4x4 RAID 18" x 8.5".

These wheels are designed to solve the caliper problem on LR4, and do not need any modification to the car.
One important thing is the load ratio (a lot of seller did not mention it), that is really important on a car like LR3 and LR4: 1.000 Kg, that exceed the LR requirements.

Price for non EU customers is 277,31 € each (including center caps and bolts), shipment in USA is approx 350,00 €, local import taxes not included. Black color in stock.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA