Intelligent stop/start able to be disabled 2015/2016?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get negative MPG quite often

but only when I'm backing up :stupid::stupid:

Sogs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stop/Start does absolutely nothing for gas mileage the amount of fuel used at a stop is so insignificant, it is a **** poor idea that adds a layer of complexity and again something that will malfunction and leave you sitting stranded.

Sogs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is my question, and I have only rented GM vehicles that have this ****** feature. In winter time when it is -40 here, we run our cars for 10 to 15 minutes to get heat and defrosting, or you freeze your &^ts solid on the way home. Now does the damn thing turn itself off and run my battery down, another point when it is that cold the battery takes a big hit also.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is an excerpt from the Owner's Handbook for the 2014+ LR4 with Intelligent Stop Start, describing the conditions when the system will not operate:

The following conditions will prevent an
automatic engine stop:

• A shift paddle has been used to select a
gear.
• The external temperature is less than
approximately 32°F (0°C).
• The external temperature is more than
approximately 104°F (40°C).
• The engine has not reached operating
temperature.
• The driver’s seat belt is not fastened.
• The Climate control system demand
requires the engine to be running (for
example, in Defrost mode).
• The battery charge is low.
• The hood is opened.
• Intelligent stop/start is deactivated

So no, the system won't cut off your engine until it has reached operating temperature, if it's too cold/hot outside or if your battery is not sufficiently charged.

Last edited:

jgharvey123

Reaction score
Permanently disconnecting auto stop/start in 2014 Range Rover

i just disconnected the small aux battery and it worked like a champ. The indicator on my dash shows the Auto Off is turned off but nothing obnoxious like a yellow or red warning light. I saw someone recommend taping the disconnected ground so it won't short. Good news, it can't short unless it hits the positive terminal since it is the ground and is connected directly to a bolt into the chasis about 6 inches from the end that was connected to the battery. Somebody showed a picture in one of the other threads on this and it helped me see exactly where to go on my 2014 Range Rover (back right interior panel behind the back seat. I did use a tie wrap to secure the disconnected cable so it wouldn't allow movement or noise. Now once they improve the GPS navigation and traffic indication I'll have nothing to complain about :)

Ksyrahsirah

Reaction score
Seatbelt intel shutoff, a programmed timing issue re: seatbelt?

Hi all!

I'm a first time Rover owner and have had mine for 4 entire days now!

The intel shutoff is a little annoying to me but overall I like that as a safety feature. My issue is that there's lots of times I will park and then want to leave the car running while I drop something in the mailbox, as an example. This week I ended up taking a phone call in a parking lot and left the car running. After about 5 minutes I then unbuckled my seatbelt and the car didn't shut off as expected.

Is there some programming that allows the car to stay running after sitting idle for a period of time? All other times I parked and unbuckled my seatbelt w/in seconds did the car shut off on me.

anyone else experience this?

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little off topic but...

Noticed that my lr4 rarely goes into eco mode lately. Within the last month or so I've seen it turn off/on maybe 5x total while doing the exact same commute (typically the feature would activate 10-20x each way of the commute).

I've had several brake and parking brake adjustments done recently - as well as a water pump replacement. Perhaps something done on the brake side has affected the incidence of the feature engaging.

Has anyone else noticed the rate of Eco mode engaging change over time or after a service?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps it just got cold recently (sorry JotaDe, no idea where you live, if you are in the Bahamas disregard...), the system won't engage if outside temps are near or below freezing, if defrost mode is engaged, if the engine hasn't reached operating temp, etc.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed the rate of Eco mode engaging change over time or after a service?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our Eco mode has not engaged since they reflashed our ECU software earlier in the year as part of a TSB.

I don't care for the feature myself.

TCM75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waterndirt, same for me...I bought my LR4 in April and took it back in August because the cooling fan stayed on excessively. They said they updated the software. Only took me a few weeks to notice Eco mode was missing. I wasn't entirely against it, but I'm not going to go out of my way to get it back, either.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV