Intelligent stop/start able to be disabled 2015/2016?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the Bay Area. Lows are around 50 degrees by the manual it shouldn't impact Eco.

Wondering if I'm seeing similar affects as waterndirt and tcm75 since I've had a couple dealer services this last fall. While i don't mind the feature, I'm not about to complain to the dealer about it not engaging. I just don't want there to be any sort of electrical issue popping up that's causing this change in Eco. At least it's not just me [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

howardduff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed the start/stop not working this summer like it did last winter also. I seldom use the air conditioning just open a window. I mentioned it to the dealer about a month ago and they said if you don't see any faults it is working correctly.
Something is different it worked in the cold weather and not the warm weather and here in Cleveland we never hit 104°F and are below 32°F many times in the winter.
The cold weather is about here and I will see how it works. I believe it might be the battery only time will tell. Now have 12k on my LR4 and have been happy with it.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, that's, like, freezing!

:hello: from Southern California.

Hah! Tell me about it. I was in SD for 22 years prior. Moved up here for college with only a hoody as my winter jacket.

Top 3 SD things I miss :wink:
Good Mexican Food
Good Beaches
Desert

howardduff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at the dealer yesterday had my free 12month oil change. I mentioned that the Echo hadn't engaged in the last six weeks since the last time I was there for a door seal leak. They checked the Echo battery and found it at 75% charge with a 80% lower limit for the Echo to work. They tried to charge the battery and it didn't take a charge so they changed out the battery. It isn't a wet cell like the main battery but a gel cell.

The Echo works like it first did when I picked up the vehicle last Dec. I hope the batteries for this system last more than a year. I don't know the cost but I'll bet you need a bunch of stop/starts to save enough fuel to buy one every year. Time will tell.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:hmmmm: I had to have my main battery changed in June after it died. Wondering if a dead main battery hinders the Eco battery? I'll put a meter on it this weekend if I can make it off the couch.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following up with some info after our 2015 went in for its first oil change service, etc.

Upon vehicle drop off, I mentioned to the service tech to look into the Eco start / stop. It came back that the Power Supply Distribution Box ( PSDB ) went south. In the service tech words, "This box handles the power request to either the main battery or start up battery." After part replacement, Eco is back working.

Now I wish I didn't get it fixed.

howardduff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can disconnect the wires to the Eco start battery and it will stop working again. I don't know what that will do to the battery for the Eco start if you live in a cold climate, I know in Cleveland it is better to keep a trickle charge on batteries that are out in the cold not being used in the winter. That battery is under the cover just in front of the driver, not hard to get at. Good luck

Ksyrahsirah

Reaction score
Perhaps it just got cold recently (sorry JotaDe, no idea where you live, if you are in the Bahamas disregard...), the system won't engage if outside temps are near or below freezing, if defrost mode is engaged, if the engine hasn't reached operating temp, etc.

Thank you for the update. I am in Chicago and noticed that recently the intelli-stop doesn't activate upon driver seatbelt release. Is this also due to the cold?

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I read so far, if you disconnect the secondary battery for the eco stop, it'll disable it but the warning light on dash remains on. Would iid/gap tools disable the warning light?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut