Just bought a '11 LR4 HSE LUX (sort of)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CAgrownCOgirl

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that!! They did the inspection. The car was actually across the street at the Audi dealership.

I just got a phone call and Kyle with RFLR said the inspection looks great! I still post it here for you all to review.

Thank you again for all your help!!

shrinkboy

Reaction score
Nice, that's where I got my '11 as well. Good folks. Congrats, and enjoy your new baby!

CAgrownCOgirl

Reaction score
Alright, car came back and they said I was golden; the RFLR tech Kyle even said she looked very clean - yay! They gave me a very reasonable price quote on the cowl replacement and I plan on having the dealership pay half. They did however note:

"Should consider the following soon: brake flush, ps flush, 4x4 service, and fuel induction clean"

Should I just have these items priced out now and negotiate with the dealership to split the cost? Or, are they reasonable wear and tear I should expect to pay for myself and have done in the next 6-12 months? From what I know about flushes - they can get pricey....

As always, thank you all for your feedback!!

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are all BS. Do brake fluid next time you need brakes or if the pedal feels mushy, otherwise they are just trying to get you to spend more. "4x4 service"? lol, love to hear the explanation for that.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think 4x4 service is the transfer case. But yeah, all BS. Keep these things in mind to do sometime, at an independent service place.

jpjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase! You seem like a well informed buyer, good on ya;)

I too have an '11 LUX with HD package. Great truck, you are really going to like it. I bought it from the dealer(100K mile warranty or till 2017) and they changed out all those suspension parts listed in an above post at 41K, as it was CPO'd. We now have 65K+ on it and not too many problems. We did change out the battery, so be on the look out for that, Sears Diehard AGM is the way to go as the one it came with is not great. We also had to change out our Sat Radio module under warranty, took 3 trips to the dealer to convince them that their software update did nothing.

Do you have a warranty on it at all? If not, I would start pricing one out just in case.

As far as the fuel injector cleaning is concerned, our dealer tried to get us to do it as well. Think they wanted $189 or so. I ended up buying the 3M kit on Amazon for $39 and it's really easy to do yourself if you do those sorts of things. As far as the 4X4 service is concerned, I'm assuming they mean changing out your diff fluid. I might actually have this done soon as I do do some water crossings and go 4wheeling.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Good luck and Welcome:)

CAgrownCOgirl

Reaction score
As alway gentleman, thank you for your responses!!

We got it all finalized yesterday and the dealer is either covering or splitting costs on all of these items with me. I'm really couldn't say no when the dealer of all people id offering to pony up money!! In all, I'm actually saving money this way rather than doing it myself or at an independent shop. In the future though I will definitely be doing one of the two!! I actually plan to go to a Landie meet up here in Colorado relatively soon as you can never have too many wrenching friends, let alone friends who can clue you in on the best backroad weekend trips to take!!

Jpjp - the battery is a brand new interstate - it was one of the things I checked under the hood before I even test drove her. Do you recommend I take it out, Craigslist it, and get the Diehard or just upgrade when this one fizzles?

Oh and, there is no warranty...the dealership ran the numbers and I was looking at a powertrain 3yr/36000 for $3300 through Geico. I heard good things about Ford ESP but, when I checked their webpage it didn't look like they were offering coverage for LR anymore? I'm totally open to getting a warranty but, it's got to cover the key risk systems of an LR and I feel like so many don't!

Thank ya'all for the warm welcome :)

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As alway gentleman, thank you for your responses!!

We got it all finalized yesterday and the dealer is either covering or splitting costs on all of these items with me. I'm really couldn't say no when the dealer of all people id offering to pony up money!! In all, I'm actually saving money this way rather than doing it myself or at an independent shop. In the future though I will definitely be doing one of the two!! I actually plan to go to a Landie meet up here in Colorado relatively soon as you can never have too many wrenching friends, let alone friends who can clue you in on the best backroad weekend trips to take!!

Jpjp - the battery is a brand new interstate - it was one of the things I checked under the hood before I even test drove her. Do you recommend I take it out, Craigslist it, and get the Diehard or just upgrade when this one fizzles?

Oh and, there is no warranty...the dealership ran the numbers and I was looking at a powertrain 3yr/36000 for $3300 through Geico. I heard good things about Ford ESP but, when I checked their webpage it didn't look like they were offering coverage for LR anymore? I'm totally open to getting a warranty but, it's got to cover the key risk systems of an LR and I feel like so many don't!

Thank ya'all for the warm welcome :)

I would keep the battery, I just had my interstate battery replaced for free. They have a 30month replacement at no charge if it dies. Land Rover replaced it right before the 4 year mark under full warranty. Then it died 22 months later so i took it to Interstate and they replaced it no questions asked.

Benny

Reaction score
Brand new here and first post. I have owned a Toyota 4 runner in the past (2002), and my family of 6 have a Honda Pilot right now but looking at bigger SUV's and really like the LR4. I am aware of a lot of the pros and cons and I am looking at a 2010 that has pretty much the same mileage and specs as the one you are getting.

Can anyone give me advice as I am going to the dealer (Bellevue, WA) tonight to look at it. 2 owners. All serviced and traded in there. It is priced what I think is high at almost $37 k.

They have all servicing done there so what are things at 70 k miles that I should be looking for.

Hope everyone is having a good day. I really appreciate it. Also how is your 2010 LR4? Do you have it now??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72