2010 LR4 HSE Lux - No satellite radio?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

digitaloffroad

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2010 LR4 HSE Lux and it doesn't appear to have satellite radio even though it is mentioned on the original window sticker for the vehicle that I found in the glove box. When I go to the Audio/Video menu it only says Radio not Radio/SAT like in the manual. Am I missing something? Seems odd that a car with DVD player, etc. wouldn't also have the satellite radio option. Any help is appreciated!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SAT/HD radio is an option, it does not come automatically on the HSE Lux trim package for any model year.

stmcknig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends who wrote the window sticker up. It's not the first time I've come across a non-LR dealer who just ran the VIN # and copy pasted ALL the options without actually checking. There is a CCF (Car Configuration File) which tells it what is installed but you'd need a dealer to check with their diagnostics. More likely it was a braindead typo.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you register into Topix (registration is free) and enter your VIN into the system, you should get a comprehensive build report of your vehicle, with all options that were originally included at the factory when the car was manufactured. It works for my 2013, it should for for a 2010 as well. Here is an example of what is shown for my VIN after registering and entering the VIN (you need to press "More" in the Vehicle Features window):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10130840/TOPIx - Vehicle detail.pdf

TopiX: http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/

PS: If your vehicle didn't include sat radio from the factory, your build detail would probably mention "Less H.D. Radio And SDARS", or something to that effect.

Last edited:

costelj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I picked mine up a couple of weeks ago, it didn't have the SAT radio in the menu either, but I knew I had ordered it (it was on the bill of sale and it was clear I had a larger antenna than the ones in the lot that didn't have it). Still, it wasn't in the menu. About 2 hours later, after I had driven it home, it appeared in the menu system. I have no idea why it didn't show immediately, but maybe it's just something that takes a couple of cold starts to appear? (EDIT: Sorry, just saw the "2010" in your post. Never mind. Not the same issue because I'm sure it's been driven enough to not be the same issue as mine). I never got a reason why from my dealer, but I stopped asking because it's no longer an issue.

So, you should check your antenna. Is there a way you can compare it to an LR4 that you know doesn't have Sat radio? Maybe the dealer's demo unit? If you have the antenna, then maybe you have the same problem I had.

And yeah, I owe this forum some pictures of my new rig, which I love. I just haven't had the time to post them. Hopefully this week.

Last edited:

EBARRY51

Reaction score
So mine has HD Radio but no Satellite. 2010 HSE Plus. Is that even possible? Dealer telling me it has no satellite, but wouldn't it also have no HD then? My topix page shows "H.D. RADIO AND SDARS"...nowhere does it say "LESS H.D. RADIO AND SDARS"

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Lux and do have sat radio so I'm not sure why it's extra for others with the same package. That's weird.

Ajatsea

Reaction score
So mine has HD Radio but no Satellite. 2010 HSE Plus. Is that even possible? Dealer telling me it has no satellite, but wouldn't it also have no HD then? My topix page shows "H.D. RADIO AND SDARS"...nowhere does it say "LESS H.D. RADIO AND SDARS"
Did you ever figure out how to get the SAT to work????
I recently bought a 2010 LR-4 HSE LUX which as Topix also lists as having HD Radio /SDARS
But the sat is no displayed.

dogfood1

Reaction score
Resurrecting this dead thread in hopes of getting an answer to the above. Just bought a 2011 HSE LUX, according to Topix it has "HD Radio and SDARS" but the menu options have Sat greyed out, and it just says Radio on the menu. Any solution after a few years of thinking?

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA