LR2 P1098 Code After Oil Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rswarden43

Reaction score
So my situation is this.

We are getting to go on vacation. I wanted to get the oil changed, but could not get it to the dealer. So, I went to Jiffy Lube, after leaving there the check engine light came on. Once I got it home I used OBD II reader and got the P1098 Oil sensor temp high. I cleared the code and the vehicle sat over night. When my wife got in and started the LR2 the check engine light came on immediately, it had not been running in about ten hours. I called the dealership and they can't get me in prior to my vacation. So, is it possible that the Jiffy Lube Tech could have knocked the sensor cable connector loose which is causing the fault. If so where would it be located, as the dealership stated that the only temp sensor is on the transmission, or could something else be the cause? I know that Jiffy Lube likes to check all of the fluids as a matter of "full service", but what else could they have done to cause the fault?

Thanks for any advice.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick