EAS blew up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Codename Duchess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not on the trail, not on the highway during a long trip.

The ONE day i drove into work, right as I parked, POP-Hissssssss and both rear wheels at the bump stops.

I found an EAS line hanging loose, but I don't see where it connects to. Drivers side (NA) rear tire, seems like a good length. No idea where the other side is.

I've tried googling a digram to try to trace it, but does anyone have any links as far as where the lines are routed?

I live 25km away, and I don't know whether to keep fiddling with it here (on the ****** LR jack) or just drive it home on the rear stops and deal with it where it's safer.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a PDF...

...but it's too large to attach here. I tried a PM as well...didn't see a button for attaching a file.

I'd say that line goes to the compressor, located on your driver's side just fwd of the rear wheel well between the rocker panel and the frame. Seems like one end of it is going to go there, so it's a good place to start. I would definitely want the vehicle on jack stands. I think the stock jack is pretty good, myself, at least for getting the truck lifted. ...but it's not a jack stand and if you're going to be under the beast for more than 5 minutes I would want more protection.

Last edited:

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh my woow I wouldn't advice you to drive 25 km on the rear stops! hell I'm not even willing to drive 4 km to the shop!
I've seen a diagram but cannot find it at the moment, I'll keep searching and upload when (if) I find it.

Codename Duchess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I removed the scissor jack, because it was lifting both the front and he rear, and I was not comfortable even a little getting under that.

The line from the compressor looks ok, it looks to me like this is some sort of line that crosses over to the other wheel?

It's fairly clean, unlike the rest of the underbody so it must have been tucked away somewhere out of the way.

I'm going to say my hail maries and drive 'er home.

Codename Duchess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bearish, that's exactly the diagram I'm looking at too.

I think it's the line that goes across to the other side. I'm just waaaaaay too scared to get under it and deal with it on the scissor jack.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yah I know what you mean, I wouldn't go under that rubbish jack either! bloody hell I don't ****** it to change the wheel ffs!
hahahah if you think you can fix it then drive to the nearest tyre shop and give them some £ to use their lift, fix it and off you go... 25km is a long distance to drive on the bumps tbh

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...yeah ramps and jack stands are your friend.

Still don't agree with the stock scissor jack being "rubbish" though. Its intended function is to raise the vehicle for wheel/tire replacement. If you use the correct jacking points it works just fine. I am on my second one, but only after the first one was used at least 30 times....probably not made for THAT!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72