Rotors and pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I was looking to order some EBC drilled/slotted rotors and some green stuff pads. Any recommendations on where to order them?

Thanks!
Ryan

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not trying to derail or be negative about your question, but wasn't the general consensus of the forum that the OEM rotors and pads are the best out there? I know others have moved to the aftermarket and came right back after increased wear rates, excessive dust, noise, etc.

Just curious why you want to go for EBC?

Ryby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Can you direct me to where that was the consensus? I did a quick search within the forums simply for rotors and I saw that several members speak highly of the EBC with greens. Claims of slower wear, less noise and dust. Can anyone with any negative experiences with these please chime in?

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use ECB pad and rotors, front and rear. green stuff and drilled/slotted rotors. I have been very happy with the switch. Way better than OEM in my opinion. Mixed driving; less dust, more noise when cold, but way better performance.

Lone Star landy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't really recall that consensus either. Lol

The first change, at 33k miles, I put Brembo rotors and LR OEM pads on. Those rear pads wore out in about 20k miles.
So I changed the rear pads to Roulunds pads, rear rotors and front pads/rotors still had a lot of life on them. I was not familiar with Roulunds but they were the only aftermarket pads I could find the day I wanted to do the brake change. Could have thought ahead and ordered something... But the Roulunds rear pads have performed quite well, they are noisier than the LR OEM pads but not bad(occasional squeal when stopping from a slow speed) and they already have about 30k miles and still have a lot of pad left. I think they'll probably make 50k miles.
The front pads and rotors wore out for the second time at around 75k miles, they had about 42K mile life. I was pleased with that but I still went aftermarket and put NAPA "Ultra Premium" front rotors and pads on. To me they feel just as good as LR OEM, but they appear to make less brake dust and I am fairly certain they will outlive the LR pads.

IMO you can definitely get better pad and rotor life by going aftermarket. I think the LR OEM pads are just too soft and wear out rapidly, although they are quiet and have a nice brake feel.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had a front set of ebc rotors drilled and green stuff pads. Mine warped within 20k miles. not sure why. I went back to stock rotors.

Causeway LR4

Reaction score
Stock brembo rotors with Porterfield pads. No issues so far with about 5k miles.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you people are ridiculous ;) I got 65,000 miles out of my 1st factory set of rotors. they never really rusted much. Brembo went on thinking better idea, or so I was told at indy shop, who knows, maybe they used some crap oem. Anyway, cheaper, whatever, instantly rusted to hell. Forget brake dust, the wheels turned rust brown from the rust dust. Next time it'll be higher grade aftermarket that I source myself or Genuine LR seeing as the first set lasted longer than many people even keep a vehicle.

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you people are ridiculous ;) I got 65,000 miles out of my 1st factory set of rotors. they never really rusted much. Brembo went on thinking better idea, or so I was told at indy shop, who knows, maybe they used some crap oem. Anyway, cheaper, whatever, instantly rusted to hell. Forget brake dust, the wheels turned rust brown from the rust dust. Next time it'll be higher grade aftermarket that I source myself or Genuine LR seeing as the first set lasted longer than many people even keep a vehicle.

You must drive >90% highway or be the easiest person on brakes. I have never heard of anybody getting any where near that figure. Any tips?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV