Help With Buying My First Disco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbar3356

Reaction score
Hello,
I am looking to get my first car. I think a Discovery would be ideal for my needs as I don't drive much around town and this will mostly be for camping, offroading, outdoorsy stuff, and I really just want to be able to say; "Yeah, I have a Disco. What of it?"
Now I'm sure this may not be reason enough to decide upon a Land Rover, but I really want one.
So, with that, I have located one after combing craigslist for a few months that I can afford that I don't think is a complete rip off. In fact it seems pretty god damned sweet. I don't know too much about cars, but I can certainly check the fluids, drive it a bit, nd look around as if I know what I'm doing. So I may be able to get 1 or 2 hundred dollars of the price, but let me know if I should ask fir even more off. Or if I should just stay away completely.
http://palmsprings.craigslist.org/cto/4996027629.html
Please reply soon as I do really want this car, but I don't want to be dumb and waste my dough.
Thank you,
Joey.

rovingtony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try seeing the Rover in person before you decide. Bring a mechanic with you just to be sure about the condition of the engine.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
at that kind of mileage you should be looking around $1000 - 1200 at most for that Disco. for $2700 you are in the range of either under 100k miles or well into D2 world (Disco 1 1994-1999- Disco 2 1999 - 2004)

I didn't pay much more than that for my last Disco a 2002 D2 with 128k miles and that was 2 years ago.

Jbar3356

Reaction score
Okay, I will definitely bring a mechanic if I check it out, Tony.

Oh wow, okay. Before I go I will definitely call him and if he won't come down significantly I will have to pass...even though I really want it. But if he is willing to go down, how much is the most you deem fair? (or anyone for that matter)

Either way thank you both for the quick responses as well as anyone else's opinions that come up in the future.

Best,
Joey.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV