Jack question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shrinkboy

Reaction score
I've read through the posts on jacks, but they all seemed to be extraction-related, and I'm looking more for one for the garage or flat ground if I need to change a tire out in the boonies. I have a 12 ton bottle jack and stands, but that's a lot to haul around with three kids in the back, and that won't even take the LR4 high enough to get a wheel off the ground without raising it, using the stands, getting a 6x6 and jacking it again.
I hear horror stories about hi-lifts (primarily operator error, not that they explode upon use) but that seems like the easiest way to go. Will be pairing it with the Tactical 4x4 sliders, not using it on jack points (though I'm hopeful that I can get it on the compressor housing with a little luck)

What's a good all-rounder, and what are the trade-offs?

For recovery, I found a 17,500 lb recovery strap, but being a noob about many things, I look at the looped ends and am pretty sure I need something of a metal nature to connect to the actual vehicle... hunch is that's what the black D-rings are for (Smittybuilt, etc) but I'd rather have someone that knew what they were doing make fun of me than do something stupid.

shrinkboy

Reaction score
Fine, I'm buying a scissor jack from a 2004 Altima and some duct tape. I don't need your help *sniff*

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA