Broke my glass roof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cerulean

Reaction score
I've only heard of one other guy getting his roof replaced. I think his instance was from the dealer installing the roof rails and the glass cracked.

I'm not sure I would have been brave enough to ever put anything on the glass itself, especially me! You said you have been on the glass several times or the expidition rack? I'm sure the rack can support you, but not the glass.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Do you have any more information about this? I left the dealership with some short rails installed and noticed a crack originating from the roof glass exactly where the screw to attach the rails is (like they tightened it too much). I'm hoping when I take the vehicle in this week that they will agree with me and replace it on their dime. Any information is appreciated!

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine replaced as well... It started cracking internally in the 2nd row for now apparent reason. It just got worse and worse. It creaked since it was new. No does not creak... LPAG has 200 locations nationwide, and will do OE or OEM (non-LR) or (LR) branded glass.

crash1121

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it just happened to me under different circumstances. A rock flew up and smacked my ski rack, then spiked down and caused a chip in the roof glass. By the time I got home to call my auto glass repair guy, a crack had already started and was too late to repair.

77ba616cccee5973e87ef9de3fba74cf.jpg

After calling half a dozen glass shops with no luck, I gave my dealer a ring. They have a third party glass shop do their glass work with OEM glass, and the grand total of the installed replacement (via insurance) is $1478.68... Lucky for me, I have an awesome service advisor, and he mentioned that he could try and knock that number down if I was to pay out of pocket. Since my insurance deductible is (unfortunately) $1000, I've decided to pay for it, and now my 'adjusted' grand total comes to $1278.68. Not too shabby!

Last edited:

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talk about bad luck hitting at just the right angle. I've had my fair share of bad luck too though. 2 windshields in 4 years. =/

dngvt

Reaction score
I've had to replace my glass roof twice - my garage has backed the car into an obstruction that hit the antenna and forced a stress crack into the roof. both times insurance covered it, and I was never even told what it cost. Thanks to NY state for required full glass coverage!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72