Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bhos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ramajama, you sound like you work for LR, haha. I do love the looks of the RR, but not evoque, RRS, sport or any defender concepts. We all have pressure points, but it just seems LR is hitting fewer and fewer of mine.

First photos and actual sighting of a sport and I couldn't help but notice the similarities between the explorer and durango. I could park an explorer amongst the RR and RRS and Evoque lines and the similarities would be readily apparent. The lines, the tail lights, etc. They had the same designer, btw. But, I am glad you like it. Nothing worse than getting a vehicle and not liking it!

Last edited:

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What an amazing weekend!!! Muddy Chef Challenge at Lime Rock Park; offroading, cooking, amazing company, and over 60 vehicles ranging from Series, Defenders, Discoveries, military, and modern LR4 and Range Rovers. Also got a hot lap in a BMW M3 :D uploadfromtaptalk1438563822404.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438563858309.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438563901550.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1438563723050.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438563753636.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1438563723050.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1438563753636.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1438563822404.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1438563858309.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1438563901550.jpg

Bama4door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice video Finlay...I like the black FZJ80 parked in the lot as well haha.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice video Finlay...I like the black FZJ80 parked in the lot as well haha.
That belongs to Mike at Overland Bound. He runs a great website that is inclusive of all sorts of vehicles. And as you heard in the video, he is an honorary member of our Land Rover club.

I am actually looking for an 80 series as a trail project. I thought about an older Discovery, which I love, but way too many issues.

Bama4door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That belongs to Mike at Overland Bound. He runs a great website that is inclusive of all sorts of vehicles. And as you heard in the video, he is an honorary member of our Land Rover club.

I am actually looking for an 80 series as a trail project. I thought about an older Discovery, which I love, but way too many issues.

Very cool, and props on getting some solid pictures in the video as well! :cool:

I bought an '88 FJ62 about 2 years ago when I moved to Arkansas and that's how I really began to like the whole overlanding scene. Never thought I would own an Land Cruiser and a Land Rover, but I think I've got the best of both worlds.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What an amazing weekend!!! Muddy Chef Challenge at Lime Rock Park; offroading, cooking, amazing company, and over 60 vehicles ranging from Series, Defenders, Discoveries, military, and modern LR4 and Range Rovers.

I have been following this event for the past few months on Instagram and Facebook and it looks like it was a great time!

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Overland Bound did a great first video of their time at the Land Rover Experience driving school in Carmel, CA. If you haven't connected with Overland Bound, then do it, they are awesome.

Here is a link to their website:

http://overlandbound.com/blog-2/

And here is a link to their video - I got a shout out from them! :)

https://youtu.be/IIgxArJcWy0

Thanks for sharing the video, David! I am looking forward to Part 2. And I really like the term "expedition style". Nice way of distinguishing my style from that of some of my Jeep buddies. ;-)

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ramajama, you sound like you work for LR, haha. I do love the looks of the RR, but not evoque, RRS, sport or any defender concepts. We all have pressure points, but it just seems LR is hitting fewer and fewer of mine.

First photos and actual sighting of a sport and I couldn't help but notice the similarities between the explorer and durango. I could park an explorer amongst the RR and RRS and Evoque lines and the similarities would be readily apparent. The lines, the tail lights, etc. They had the same designer, btw. But, I am glad you like it. Nothing worse than getting a vehicle and not liking it!

Lol! Well I don't work for LR but when I get behind a brand.... Well ...I really get behind a brand. :)
I do loves me some LR.
I've been a fan for years and I'm stoked to finally own one.
But yeah I'll concede that there are some design queue similarities but only to the point of very distant cousins... With LR/RR getting the good genes. :)
Honestly Explorer and Durango are both decent looking rigs but can't compare when you get down to it :) I actually quite dug the Durango but I'm sooo glad we got the Disco. Even though I lost my battle for a LR4 ....
And I can live with the new design direction. Hopefully it will grow on more of the current crop of more pessimistic owners.
I will also concede that the Defender concept floating around is NOT my cup o tea. Surely they have file thirteened that design and come up with something more uh......robust.
Thanks!!

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA