Bluetooth Connectivity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid question: When was the change over to allow for Bluetooth Audio on the LR4 System?
Was it a simple software update? or complete hardware change?

I want to be able to add the function, and can with some of the 30pin iPhone adapters but them I cannot keep the phone connected as you cannot sync two different Bluetooth devices at the same time.
I hate using the AUX cord, and inevitable it will get broken (dogs, kids...)

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Bluetooth audio was added in MY12.

I have a MY11 and did some research on adding BT audio before settling on the Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth device which has worked very well for me. It still involves the AUX port on the back of your center console and a very nondescript thin wire running to a multipurpose button, but it has been a fantastic hack for me. I now run my phone calls and music through the device and my phone connects to it w/o issue every time I jump in. Virtually zero tradeoffs although it doesn't let me see my playlists on the display.

Here's a mini review I posted: http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showpost.php?p=151224&postcount=4

If you search around for Kinivo BTC450 you will find a few other posts on it as well as a photo or two I posted of the device mounted on my dash near my ignition button. Blends right in.

Chris

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA